How do you feel about the Chicago RE market? - Posted by Mark Chicago

Posted by Jim IL on January 14, 2001 at 24:22:38:

Harold,
Good to know you were not pokin fun.
At any rate, I love to talk REI with others, and the true creative investor does not seem to be local.
Feel free to drop me an e-mail off the board sometime and perhaps we can talk shop a bit.
What part of the area are you in anyway?
Suburbs or the city?
Take care,
Jim IL

How do you feel about the Chicago RE market? - Posted by Mark Chicago

Posted by Mark Chicago on January 13, 2001 at 19:36:13:

I think this is my first time posting… (umm… ehh… err… I’m a little shy… and er… anyway…)

Anyone working deals around the Chicago Area?
I just got the Ron LeGrand super course and plan to use some of these techniques around here as soon as I finish it (45 days?)

What are your opinions about Chicago? How does the drop in interest rates affect flip and LO deals?

Re: How do you feel about the Chicago RE market? - Posted by Jim Locker

Posted by Jim Locker on January 13, 2001 at 19:57:51:

I think landlords are coming into good times. I think flippers are coming into bad times. I expressed this opinion in some detail here:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=13901874

At this time, my region (OH) is very obviously sliding into recession. I rather expect things in Chicago to go the same way.

To be perfectly blunt about it, as a major landlord I welcome this recession with open arms.

The coasts? We’ll see. Seems to me the high tech industry is slowing sharply (and beginning to encounter a secular change in environment WRT personal computers) - which will affect the west coast anyway.

Re: How do you feel about the Chicago RE market? - Posted by Harold Thornbro

Posted by Harold Thornbro on January 13, 2001 at 19:49:37:

here is a web site with some homes in the Chicago area, he is a private investor who sells his homes creativly. http://miphomes.hypermart.net/page5.html send me an email and tell me what you think.

Re: How do you feel about the C - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on January 14, 2001 at 18:27:41:

So Jim, what do you change, or plan to change, if it becomes a buyer’s market? Just going to pick them up and be a landlord?

Hey, thats me! - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on January 13, 2001 at 21:50:49:

Harold,
Why would you send him to my website to tell him “how” the market is in Chicagoland?
Just curious?
Sadly, I have been too busy to update my website lately.
Only one of the homes listed there is still available, and there are three others that need to be added.
And times are a little slow here, for buyers.
Sellers are plentiful though.

Harold, have we met, spoke or corresponded before?

Just wondering where or how you found my website?
And were you poking fun at it when you referred this guy to me?

I know it is amature, but it is free ya know.

Take care,
Jim IL

Re: Hey, thats me! - Posted by Harold

Posted by Harold on January 13, 2001 at 23:17:16:

thats funny! I didn’t know it was you. I stumbled onto your site before and sent you and email and you replied with your iventory of houses. I wasn’t pokin fun, i promise…lol.