How do you find NOD'S? - Posted by Michael Martin

Posted by Jim V on October 06, 2003 at 22:51:39:

I took the effort to review the site mentioned. What stood out to me, was that the page appeared to be written for search engine optimization. Repeated phrases, where they weren’t necessary, and in general, not enough substance to validate the information provided. If you got something out of it, good for you, but I found it to be a little “spammish”. I’m probably a little more critical than most people looking at sites, so take it for what it’s worth.

How do you find NOD’S? - Posted by Michael Martin

Posted by Michael Martin on October 06, 2003 at 15:48:43:

I have been reading your site for quite some time now, and it all has been very helpful! I have become interested in finding preforeclosures. I read the article on how to find preforeclosures, however, it did not goes as well as the article explained!

When I called the clerk of courts and asked for NOD’S, she had no clue what I was talking about. The lady then patched me through to some else who had not clue what I was talking about!

I would really appreciate a much more clearer explanation of how to find NOD’S!! If you could help me with this I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Michael Martin

Re: How do you find NOD’S? - Posted by Chad

Posted by Chad on October 06, 2003 at 16:13:22:

Here’s an excelent article that explains judicial and nonjudicial foreclosure actions www.realestatepubs.com/foreclosurestatute.htm

Re: How do you find NOD’S? - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on October 06, 2003 at 16:06:23:

Mike,
NOD’s or “Notices of default” should be able to be found.
If a deputy clerk has no idea that that is, ask them about Lis Pendens.
This is the public notice that a court action is taking place with regard to specific parcels of real estate.

Your best bet though, is to go to the courthouse, and do reserach that way, even simple questions.
Results are much easier to get in person, than over the phone.

Good luck,
Jim FL

Re: How do you find NOD’S? - Posted by Randy

Posted by Randy on October 06, 2003 at 17:22:48:

Good Site Chad…thanks.