How do you realy get them to do it? - Posted by John Buwa

Re: How do you realy get them to do it? - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on May 13, 1999 at 01:12:06:

Yeah, sort of. What I’m saying is if you only no how to make one kind of offer(we’ll use Cash Only) then you will miss alot of deals. But, if you understand that that there are other ways to pull the deal off you can at the very least find a partner, get it under contract and profit a little from the deal though different than you would normally do. I’m not saying don’t focus and market for specific kinds of deals(I believe that is the best way) but be aware of the rest of the world, so you don’t miss out on the extra gravy.

Sometimes when you offer say all cash, the seller has already spent the money in their mind, so they’re not going to go down in price. So you give them price but on your terms, maybe half now, half later, much later.

But, you have to listen to the sellers to find out what they need?

In fact I’ve got one right now that has put me in a bidding war, why because I wasn’t good enough at finding out what they really wanted and giving it to them. I’ll probably have to walk on this one.

David Alexander

taking over payments - see course on Land Trust - Posted by Alex Gurevich, TX

Posted by Alex Gurevich, TX on May 13, 1999 at 08:14:54:

Look up Bill Bronchick’s course on land trusts in the catalog, it goes into great details on this subject. A quick summary is: 1) seller deeds the house to the land trust naming himself as beneficiary, 2) seller assigns you/your company the beneficial interest in the trust, 3) you mail change of address letter (signed by seller) and start sending payments to bank directly yourself.