How do you show a house to potential tenant/buyer w/o them knowing your purchase price? - Posted by Doug

Posted by David Alexander on April 06, 2000 at 10:27:24:

I like it… An expect the best kinda thing from people by setting them and yourself up for it.

David Alexander

How do you show a house to potential tenant/buyer w/o them knowing your purchase price? - Posted by Doug

Posted by Doug on April 06, 2000 at 24:16:03:

Hi,

I have a house that I can get at a great price and a few couples who are interested. However, I’m at a loss as to how I might show the prospective tenant/buyers the property without them finding out the asking price. The house is a foreclosure so there’s no chance of doing a sandwich L/O. Any ideas? Thanks

Doug

Re: How do you show a house to potential tenant/buyer w/o them knowing your purchase price? - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on April 06, 2000 at 08:03:15:

Doug,
First of all, most people won’t care. If you come across a buyer who does care and has and decides to find out, chances are they are not going to buy from you anyway.

Most people get very wrapped up in the process of getting their new home, if it is something they can afford they don’t care what you paid for it, just whether or not they can buy it and afford it. SIMPLE!

Steve

Re: How do you show a house to potential tenant/buyer w/o them knowing your purchase price? - Posted by Jack-NY

Posted by Jack-NY on April 06, 2000 at 04:28:21:

First if the numbers work and it comps out you should have this property locked up under contract so no one could go around you. explain to your potenial buyers that this is your business and you have the expertise in putting deals together, and being a problem solver. If they need a home and their credit is not perfect enough to get bank financing they should’nt question this. This is your business and you are the one in control here. We sell homes all the time where the buyers know the asking price, however they also know they would never be able to obtain financing without our expertise. We just sold a nice house where the buyers knew we paid cash for at 30k and sold it to them for the appraised value of 58k, however the buyers had only 5% down, F credit, prior bankrupt within one year, do you think they cared what we paid, no way they were tickled pink to be home owners. good luck keep us posted. Jack…

Can you get a foreclosed house under contract? - Posted by Doug

Posted by Doug on April 06, 2000 at 10:33:37:

Hi Jack,

Is there a way to get the house under contract since it’s a foreclosure and owned by the mortgage company? I asked about L/O’ing it but the realtor said they wouldn’t go for that, they just want to get it sold. So is there another way? Thanks

Doug

F Credit? - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on April 06, 2000 at 08:08:11:

Did you tell them that? I just had to laugh when I saw it because I always try to avoid the letters D and F when talking ot my buyers.

I have a system for grading credit that is used to make my buyers feel better about themselves.

AAA= A credit
AA= B credit
A= C credit
AB= D credit
BB= Absolutely pitiful

It’s my way of making them feel better about themself and they like me more because I said they have “AB” credit- sounds better then “D”. They don’t want to let me down, and I have pretty good luck with most of them.

Happy Investing!

Steve