How doable are flips in a hot S.D. Ca. Market? - Posted by Troy

Posted by Robert M. Campbell on March 22, 2000 at 15:47:34:

The San Diego market is very, very hot.

My partner called on a fixer the same day it hit the MLS.

11 offers the 1st day.

Therefore, you really have to get creative in San Diego to get a good deal in this market.

The market is hot now . . . but times WILL change.

Robert M. Campbell

How doable are flips in a hot S.D. Ca. Market? - Posted by Troy

Posted by Troy on March 22, 2000 at 03:25:56:

Thank you for responding,
My name is Troy and I am new to the rei world here in San Diego. I am interested in generating revenue through doing flips with a buyer and a seller. What is the best way to do this? I have heard of people running ads in the newspaper, does that work? Also What kind of money are people making doing this? Finding buyers here in San Diego would be very, very easy because we have a housing shortage. Too many people moving here!! What is the best way to find houses in a market like this that are below market value? Any feedback anyone has this newbie really appreciates…Thank you very, very much :slight_smile:
p.s. What about getting involved with one of those coaching programs? Are there any books that anyone recommends for doing flips?

Re: How doable are flips in a hot S.D. Ca. Market? - Posted by jimi

Posted by jimi on March 24, 2000 at 14:02:30:

Our market here in Northern Virginia is red-hot also. Buyers lined up with above-list offers on first day of listing… so the sell side of the flip is easy.

I’ve been focusing on out-of-state owners with some success. I also stretch out the settlement date as far as possible to draft behind the monthly appreciation. Finally - hitting the For-Rent owners with one-year lease options is a viable strategy …