How is a Mobile Home titled? - Posted by John

Posted by fh on May 18, 2006 at 23:45:22:

Adam, you have an eye for the finer things in life, good job.

How is a Mobile Home titled? - Posted by John

Posted by John on May 17, 2006 at 20:52:21:

Hi. Was wondering… how is a Mobile Home titled. I was told, by a supposed-authority that… they are ‘titied’, since most of 'em had wheels. (at one time) My friend bought one, a few years back… the
owner quitclaimed it to him. There was a mortgage…
I assume because there was land involved in the deal.
Can someone please clear this up for me? Thanks.

Re: How is a Mobile Home titled? - Posted by NH_Bert

Posted by NH_Bert on May 19, 2006 at 09:17:32:

Depends on the state. In NH all MHs are considered Real Estate whether in a park on on its own land and as such that transfer by deed. Ask a local real estate broker.

Re: How is a Mobile Home titled? - Posted by David Eppley (TX)

Posted by David Eppley (TX) on May 17, 2006 at 23:16:41:

Hi John. It is different in each state. In Texas you don’t get a title. You get an SOL Statement of Ownership and Location. You get it from the Texas Dept of Housing and Community Affairs TDCHA in Austin. not the Dept of Motor Vehicles. So tell us where you are and someone will be able to help you. Or go to the archives and look up your question for your state. Hope this helps. David.

Re: How is a Mobile Home titled? - Posted by Adam (IN)

Posted by Adam (IN) on May 17, 2006 at 21:51:57:

am i the only one who caught the rather obscure spelling error? focus…focus…anyway MH’s are like a car in the fact that they are mobile (but becoming less mobile every year) and are considered personal property and have a title unless placed on a permanent foundation…