How long does it take to put up Bandit Signs - Posted by MRG

Posted by JX on July 14, 2002 at 19:33:06:

They’re illegal to put up without a permit, but you can still put one up anyway. Most of the time they just get taken down like all the other tag sale signs you see. If you do get a call, politely ask for a name, number, and apologize. Verify that they are who they are and if so, take the signs down. If you put out a ton, kindly explain that you hired ppl to not put them up like that and ask whether the utility ppl could take them down when they see it. If you’re friendly, they’ll just let it go. Save yourself a trip and gas money. Lying may be wrong, but do you really want to spend all your time driving around, remembering posted sign locations, and taking them down? I can’t predict the real outcome of what will happen. You’ll either get caught or not caught. Better things to worry about like doing deals than worrying about a what-if $200 fine.

How long does it take to put up Bandit Signs - Posted by MRG

Posted by MRG on July 12, 2002 at 18:53:19:

Hey all…

Just started my business July 1st!!! Close to my first deal…

Anyway…how long does it take to put up Bandit signs…like to do 25? or 50? or 100?

Can you do 100 in a day?

Thanks
MRG

Re: How long does it take to put up Bandit Signs - Posted by JX

Posted by JX on July 14, 2002 at 01:14:31:

Interesting question. I do about 50 signs every weekend, I average about 3-5 hours depending on whether I have help. I mostly put them up at night when there is less traffic. They’re usually placed in areas where they’re quite noticable and with lots of day traffic. It really depends on how fast you drive and how soon you want to get them up there.

Re: How long does it take to put up Bandit Signs - Posted by Ryan_MA

Posted by Ryan_MA on July 12, 2002 at 19:26:03:

It really depends on the area you are trying to cover. I’ve gone out twice to put up signs. The first time I put up 25 signs and it took me about 2 hours. I went out the second time and covered a large area with 45 signs, a ladder, and a friend to setup the ladder while I ran up it and it took 3 1/2 hours. PUT THE SIGNS UP!!! After I put up the first batch of 25 I got a call from a 3 family owner. I got an option to purchase for 200k and the ad starts to run tomorrow advertising the property for 275k! I just got another message a few hours ago, but haven’t called the seller back. I have a voicemail screen out the motivated sellers, so I may have received more calls, but I only want to talk to the motivated ones. I also got a call from the public works department of one of the towns informing me that it was illegal to use poles to hang signs. I just ignored him and he hasn’t called back yet. Good luck! Just go out there and put them up as high as you can. - Ryan

Re: How long does it take to put up Bandit Signs - Posted by deedee

Posted by deedee on July 14, 2002 at 09:51:51:

Newbie question about these signs…since they’re called “bandit signs” are they legal? I want to make sure everything I do is on the up and up.