How many courses should i read!? - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Wayfarer on February 08, 2000 at 15:57:35:

Read all of the courses you can, but don’t wait until you’ve finished them to start trying to make deals. There are a ton out there even for the novice investor. It is your desire that will make you successful. As a seminar veteran and somewhat successful investor (13 properties in 13 months netting over $260,000 in cash and equity plus an additional $90,000 in fees earned from brokering private hard equity loans), I’ve met people who like myself have spent over $20,000 in the last 12 months on courses and seminars and have yet to make their first deal. The courses help, but it really comes down to your “want to.” Good luck.

How many courses should i read!? - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on February 07, 2000 at 16:36:36:

Hi im a new real estate investor. I have read the carleton Sheets course, now im debating on buying another course, ive heard that Ron LeGrands course is good. How many courses should a newbie read before he or she goes and makes his first deal?

Re: How many courses should i read!? - Posted by RR Smith

Posted by RR Smith on February 07, 2000 at 17:55:23:

Most people that have invested in RE do so after doing HALF the course work. In other words they don’t need but a few good methods in the right area to start out.
Now that is only one small deal I am talking about, not wholesaling, or foreclosures right off the bat. So the short answer is ONE HALF. A newbie REI with one deal under his belt said yesterday that the $58 LeGrand buy my other stuff video is a waste of money. But there are quite a few successful LeGrand students on the board so once again I wonder about the added value of additional expensive courses vs. books and experience…