how many showings? - Posted by jenny

Posted by DP (ON) on September 18, 2004 at 12:36:19:

Agreed, not something you want to do if you can handle the workload. On the other hand, we only have 24 hours a day, there’s a point at which you run into a wall and you have no choice but to start hiring help.

When you do you can either pay them a salary or pay them a commission based on results.

how many showings? - Posted by jenny

Posted by jenny on September 18, 2004 at 10:05:20:

I have a question for all of you flipping retail properties or selling rent to own. How do you deal with showings? It seems like we are ALWAYS showing houses - we do five group showings a week, to three or four families at a time. It seems like there should be a better way! What do you folks do, and what are the benefits and drawbacks?

Re: how many showings? - Posted by DP (ON)

Posted by DP (ON) on September 18, 2004 at 10:44:16:

Screen those families! Be as positive as you can be that they’ve got the money and they’re ready to move into that house today. Also tell them to bring a CASH deposit if they don’t want to lose out.

Open houses can work. Personally I prefer a private showing to a SCREENED buyer, so I can properly answer questions and get to know them a little bit.

If you’re doing a lot of deals, you should consider hiring sales reps. They take the calls and show the house, and you split the profit.

Re: how many showings? - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on September 18, 2004 at 11:26:25:

“If you’re doing a lot of deals, you should consider hiring sales reps. They take the calls and show the house, and you split the profit.”

Splitting the profit on my houses with hired sales help? Uh, I’ll pass.