How Much Can You Make Doing This Creative Stuff? - Posted by Frank Richards

Posted by phil fernandez on December 01, 1998 at 07:44:35:

I’m an experienced investor for 25 years. My answer to your question is also "enough ".

Let me ask you a few questions.

1./ How bad do you want it. Are you willing as Soapy said , to eat sleep and live the real estate investing business. It won’t come to you without alot of blood sweat and tears.

2./ Education will be the fastest route to becoming successful on a full time basis. Are you willing to commit and purchase various courses.

3./ Are you looking for a job to replace your current job. Real estate investing is not a 9 to 5 job its more of a lifestyle.

How Much Can You Make Doing This Creative Stuff? - Posted by Frank Richards

Posted by Frank Richards on November 30, 1998 at 19:00:37:

Hello,

I found this site about a month ago and have read all the “How To” articles and “Success Stories”. Let me say thank you to the authors of the “”“How To’s” and CONGRATULATIONS to the folks who’ve had the successes.

I’m pretty close to buying some of the courses here, but I’m wondering just how well do the fulltimers doing this stuff? I’m not looking for “great!” or “wonderful”. I’m looking for HARD and FAST annual numbers. I read these success stories but they’re mostly one shot deals. Now, that’sfine and dandy for some extra income, but it ain’t enough to sustain a lifestyle. I guess my question goes to the fulltimers, guys like Joe Kaiser, JPiper, and the like.

Please don’t think I am prying into your personal lives. If you choose not to disclose how well you’re doing, I understand. I don’t disclose to total strangers how much I make either. Its just that I’d like to get a good barometer from the pro’s on how well you do or can do. But I don’t want vague generalities either.

Now, you may think this is alot for a newbie like me to ask and you’re probably right, but I am in a good financial position at this point, and would like to leave the corporate rat race. If I found the right vehicle, I could sustain myself for awhile until things began to break in a new venture. So its not that I’m criticizing or anything, I would like some hard and fast numbers because this business appears to be alot of fun once you got going in it.

Again, if I’ve offended anyone with this post, I apologize in advance.

Thank you and happy holidays to all,

Frank Richards

How Much Can You Make Doing This Creative Stuff? - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on December 01, 1998 at 10:07:18:

I have been investing full time since June 21 of this year. As mentioned in the posts below, I eat, drink, sleep this business. It is my life. You don’t wake up to go to work, you don’t have anyone to answer to. It is just what you do. Sometimes I am biting my nails last minute hoping to settle on a deal. Other times they go much smoother.

It is up to you to decide how much you are going to work and how much you are going to make. You determine it, it’s that simple. I don’t want to say it’s easy because you have to work hard to get it. I guess the best way to sum it up is that if you have a passion for it and the drive to succeed then nothing or no one can stop you from making “enough”.

SCook85

And the answer is… - Posted by Soapymac

Posted by Soapymac on November 30, 1998 at 23:15:45:

enough.

No, you won’t get an answer from me that would equate to a dollar per hour figure. That is job mentality…and if you look at real estate investing as something to replace your job…look elsewhere for your additional part-time money.

This business you eat, sleep, and live. Get carried too far and your spouse will accuse you of having a lover. They will be right, too. You may BE with family, friends, or an organization that you support…

but your mind will be giving you answers to questions you pose to it…during these times. It is the way that an INVESTER thinks.

I know what I’ve just said will probably not connect with you at all, so here is something you can do with it:

1. Print your question and my answer.

2. Read “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki.

3. Stick around this board for another 30 days while what you have read sinks in.

4. Look at your question and my answer after the 30 days is up. You will see that “enough” is indeed the correct answer.

Cordially,

Soapymac