How much to offer on mh - Posted by Ron Freeman

Posted by anthony on January 21, 2001 at 05:53:24:

Ron, I also feel that this sounds like a good investment but if you don"t want to tie up your cash you could probably flip this one and sell at a reasonable price and still make a profit. I don’t know how to do this yet, but you could also buy this and sell the paper so that you can get your money back very quickly and still get back end payments. I wish I had a problem such as this deal! Good luck! Anthony

How much to offer on mh - Posted by Ron Freeman

Posted by Ron Freeman on January 20, 2001 at 20:29:45:

I found a 84 14x70 Oakwood that a woman wants 2k that is setting at a dealer. I have a park that I can put it in and do a lonnie deal. It needs a little floor work from what I was able to find when looking at it. It will cost between 1200 and 1500 to move it and set it up in my park. What would you offer this woman. Could I offer to move it to my park and sell it on terms and get maybe 1k for down payment and sign a note over to her for the other 1k. Should I only offer 1k and tell her about the cost of me having to move it. With a little work I could sell this one on terms for about 12k. Thanks Ron I just do not want to spend any money right now on used homes.

Re: How much to offer on mh - Posted by David S

Posted by David S on January 21, 2001 at 19:50:25:

HI Ron,

As I recall, you own your own park… good deal. If I were you and I needed to fill a site in the park, I would be willing to take the deal as is. Of course, I would make a lower offer just as you said. Explain to her the cost of moving/setup, etc and see if she will drop the price on her own.

If not, and assuming you need to fill a space, do the deal asap. Then go do another one.

David S

Re: How much to offer on mh - Posted by Ron_KS

Posted by Ron_KS on January 20, 2001 at 23:34:57:

Ron, I don’t know exactly what you are getting at, but from what I read in your post, and believe me, I’m not one of the “guru’s” out here, it sounds like a pretty good deal to me. If you can pick this up for 2,000, pay someone 1,500 to move it and set it up in a park and you have only minimumal work to do to the floor and can sell for 12,000, that looks darn good to me.

My calculator tells me that if you invest 3,500 and sell for 12,000 you have a good return. Assuming you do just that, buy for 3500, sell for 12,000 with a 1000 down at 12.75% for 3years, you are receiving 369.31 per month, that’s enough to get my attention.

I would love to do two of those a month. Good luck for what it is worth. Like I said, I’m not one of the “guru’s” so I may be out in left field. Hope it works for you.

Ron_KS