How the heck do they do it?? - Posted by Soon to be new Invester

Posted by terryr on March 05, 2002 at 23:40:50:

becasue of sheets course we just purchase 8 mobile homes for $1500 - not $1500 each - $1500 for all 8 - they are worth a minimum of $2000 each with no repairs made - if we put in a small amount of work we will have increased our net worth on this one deal by $20000 on a $1500 investment - how is that - by the way we financed hthe $1500 on a low interest credit card - return is $20000/0 - infinite - his course will get you steered on the basics right out of the gate

How the heck do they do it?? - Posted by Soon to be new Invester

Posted by Soon to be new Invester on March 03, 2002 at 20:01:10:

I was thinking of getting Carelton Sheets study course. I remember hearing on TV about people improved their net worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in around 1 year. How exactly is that possible? I mean, if your buying rental properties and gaining spendable cash from them every month, it’s not going to come close to 100,000 dollars.

Do they buy distressed properties at less than what they are worth, then refinance them and such for a huge profit? If so, doesn’t location play a big part in that? I live in central ohio, and I although I don’t know the market as well as I could, I do know that the opportunities are less than more heavily populated parts of the country.

Would purchasing his course actually teach me enough to start my career in investing? Or should I not waste my time and find some other method?

Re: How the heck do they do it?? - Posted by JoeS

Posted by JoeS on March 03, 2002 at 20:10:01:

I think his course will give you the basics of investing, the same as a starter set of tools from Sears will help you do basic repairs around the house. Is it all you will need? NO! You will have to set a course for an ongoing education in this business. You cannot learn it all at once. Some people catch on faster, have more money to start with or even have more TIME to spend. The best thing to do is to start somewhere, spending what you can afford on your initial education.