How to become a Mortgage Broker - Posted by Jake (CA)

Posted by Sean on February 22, 1999 at 18:25:18:

Get a real estate license. I had been told the law says at least one person in the office must have a real estate license and the others can have lesser licenses. Don’t quote me on it, tho. :wink:

How to become a Mortgage Broker - Posted by Jake (CA)

Posted by Jake (CA) on February 22, 1999 at 12:11:46:

Hello ALL:

I’ve always been facinated with the area of finance especially in the area pertaining to real estate which many of the people here are experts. Could someone provide me with info on becoming a mortgage broker? I’m in northern CA and will be working the bay area I understand a license will be needed is it a real estate license or consumer finance license?
The ideal situation is being a full time REI which is my ultimate goal however I would like to include mortgage brokering as well. Thanks for your input.

Jake

Re: How to become a Mortgage Broker - Posted by Jay’s 2 cents

Posted by Jay’s 2 cents on February 23, 1999 at 02:06:10:

Have you thought about being a “Note Broker” specializing in simultaneous closings whereby you broker a seller-held mortgage to a mortgage investor? In essence the buyer gets his financing, the seller gets his asking price, and the broker earns a nice fee for his services. This does not require a license in many states but CA probably does. At any rate it would serve as a nice addition to mortgage brokering whatever the case may be…just my 2cents.
F.Y.I. goto www.papersourceonline.com
Wish U the best in your efforts.

Re: How to become a Mortgage Broker - Posted by Darrin Brand in Georgia

Posted by Darrin Brand in Georgia on February 22, 1999 at 23:07:17:

Hey Jake,
My broker wrote a 600 page book on starting a mortgage brokerage. It is incredible. You can order it from the Capstone Institute or call her directly at 770-321-Start(7827). She might even give you a little discount. The book is called “Ready - Set- Go”. Mention the name or she may think you want the new book she just finished on nonconforming loans.

You’ll love it. She is a genius (member of Mensa).

Darrin Brand

P.S. No one in the office needs a real estate license. In fact, being a real estate agent will require additional disclosures and prevent you from making certain alliances.

Re: How to become a Mortgage Broker - Posted by BankRobber

Posted by BankRobber on February 22, 1999 at 22:51:28:

You can either get a Real Estate Broker license through the Department of Real Estate or you can get a consumer finance license through the Department of Corporations. The former gives you access to many more lenders the later is much easier to get. I would bet that the real estate pool in Northern CA is super saturated with loan brokers at this time.