How to build credit for a corporation - Posted by David-Mi

Posted by Mark R in KCMO on January 28, 2000 at 16:30:47:

Pat,

Thanks for the correction…
If I was a subscriber to D&B, that would be a bummer that I could only get credit info on those who choose to shell out $$$$…

Again, Thanks

Mark R in KCMO

How to build credit for a corporation - Posted by David-Mi

Posted by David-Mi on January 26, 2000 at 18:10:28:

If I incorporated I would want to separate my personal credit with the corporation’s credit. The credit would be used for everything from office and supply materials,marketing and advertising,and purchasing properties.

Do I need good credit to form a corporation;do they pull a credit check to do this?

Can I build credit within the corporation if I personally have poor credit?

Thank you,
David

The steps we used - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on January 27, 2000 at 09:16:59:

David,
Here are the steps we used.
1- Call Dun and Bradstreet and get new “Duns” number
1-800-333-0505, find thier website it is rich with information
2 - Find local suppliers, also Texaco and Chevron are pretty easy to get cards through for new businesses, use your duns number INSTEAD of your social security number when filling out an application
3 - buy something and pay on time, after about 6 months call duns and get them to give you a credit rating it will cost about $150.00
That is a good start
Pat

Re: How to build credit for a corporation - Posted by Paul_NY

Posted by Paul_NY on January 27, 2000 at 24:29:55:

Try getting credit cards at Office Max, Staples,Home Depot, Filenes etc…
They are the easy ones. Its a start

Re: How to build credit for a corporation - Posted by Mark A. Nyman

Posted by Mark A. Nyman on January 26, 2000 at 21:21:50:

No you don’t need good credit to start a corporation.

I would make sure you pick the right entity between C Corporations, LLC, and S Corporation.

With my line of credit for the other business that I own they ask for my tax statements for the last 2 years, bank statements, etc.

My new corporate motto is “asking is free and denying is the same”

Talk to the bank and tell them what you are up to and find out what their criteria is in order to give you a loan. You can always start building credit now.

You don’t need a line of credit. I am getting started and there are people who are willing to give me money at high rates but I can still make money. The key to getting money is doing your homework. When you have done your homework and can answer with more specific questions you will have confidence and they will have confidence in you.

Good luck.

Re: The steps we used - Posted by Mark R in KCMO

Posted by Mark R in KCMO on January 27, 2000 at 13:15:00:

Pat,

Thats good info, however, it is my understanding that you don’t need to purchase thier “package”, when one of “thier” subscribers requests information on your corp, they have to create it at D&B’s expense :slight_smile:

Aint life grand…

Mark R in KCMO

Re: The steps we used - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on January 27, 2000 at 22:23:42:

No, When someone asks for your credit report from Duns they will give them the time in business, officers etc but will also state “no rating” until you take the time and give them a complete financial statement and references.
Pat