How To Deal With PM... THE BOOK! lol :) - Posted by Rainy

Posted by Rainy on January 03, 2001 at 08:44:42:

Thanks Tony :slight_smile:

Rainy

How To Deal With PM… THE BOOK! lol :slight_smile: - Posted by Rainy

Posted by Rainy on January 03, 2001 at 05:05:52:

OK OK :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Here it is! lol

How To Deal With Park Managers’ :slight_smile:

1. Never Never discuss your personal business intentions with a Park Manager. First of all, it’s none of their business! A Park Managers business is to lease rental space.
    Walk in the PM office and ask them questions.

JOE BLOW: Hello, My name is Joe Blow. I would like to know what the this Park requires to obtain a Space Lease Agreement and Park Approval?
PM: This Park requires bla bla bla…
JOE BLOW: Ok, I think I can handle that! :slight_smile:
May I have an application please?
PM: Hands you an application…
JOE BLOW: Oh, and by the way, would you have these requirements and items I will need to submit with my application listed in the form of a brochure, or letterhead, or even a hand written reminder? I know if I don’t have these things listed for me to remember, I will be sure to forget something! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
NOTE: DONT LEAVE THE OFFICE WITHOUT THIS LIST! MAKE SURE THE PM LIST EVERYTHING NEEDED, INCLUDING THE INCOME REQUIREMENTS.
PM: Which home are you interested in purchasing ?
NOTE: THE PM(in most cases) HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BUYING AND SELLING OF HOMES IN THE PARK HE/SHE MANAGES, UNLESS IT IS A PARK OWNED HOME. THE PARK MANAGER MAY BE A LICENSED AGENT, IN THAT CASE, IN MY OPINION, I WOULD CALL THAT A CONFLICT OF INTEREST. HOWEVER, THAT HAPPENS TOO!
JOE BLOW: Well, I have not decided upon a home at this time. I have looked at several. I just thought since I was in the area looking at homes, I would stop by and ask questions and get an applicaion. I have my wife waiting in the car for me. She has a doctor appointment at (look at watch) 1:30 pm. I must run along or she will be late.
It was really nice to meet you (shake hand) I must run along now. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Thank you very much for your time. :slight_smile:
Then GET OUT of PM office asap :slight_smile:

TO Be Continued… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
It’s 2:54 am and Im working my second job at this time!
Nursing :slight_smile: MUST WORK NOW. Time for meds :slight_smile:
PM jobs pay very little, that’s why I am also a private investor! :slight_smile: NOT IN MY OWN PARK OF COURSE! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Rainy

A good perspective - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on January 03, 2001 at 05:36:21:

A common question among new mh investors is what to say to the park manager on your first visit. Here is a good perspective on the issue, from the other side of the table.

Get the facts, get the introduction and get the ground work layed.

Once you establish rapport, business will come. As Rainy mentions, not all park managers are going to jump for joy when you enter their park for the first time. Some will be competitors, some will be poor managers and some will be just aweful. But many are hard working people who will help you once you have gained their trust, and they understand how you do business and how your business benefits the park.

Good Post Rainy,

Tony-VA