How to find Foreclosures - Posted by Paul Clarke

Posted by Hank on July 06, 2002 at 13:59:15:

Lance Young ? Nope , couldn’t say one way or the other.

I can say that Kaiser (you can buy that here ) and Kaller (mrpreforeclosure.com ) have good stuff.

You’re gonna need courthouse info too. Buy it or look it up.

Comps - Dataquick.com or Firstam.com. Try DQ first, I liked their attitude better.

How to find Foreclosures - Posted by Paul Clarke

Posted by Paul Clarke on June 13, 2002 at 12:58:26:

First time here and new to investment real estate. I good friend told me about this site and I am hooked!

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get into buying foreclosures?

Thanks for the help,

Paul

Re: How to find Foreclosures - Posted by Ronald * Starr (in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr (in No CA) on June 13, 2002 at 16:45:19:

Paul Clarke-----------------------

Often asked question. If you search the archives you will find many answers to previous questioners.

My advice: don’t do it until you are an experienced investor. I have written an article on this topic explaining many of the pitfalls of foreclosure investing and submitted it to the managers of this webste for their “How to” section. Hopefully, they will have it up soon.

Good Investing********************Ron Starr*************

Re: How to find Foreclosures - Posted by Hank

Posted by Hank on June 13, 2002 at 22:37:38:

If a new investor has no experienced associates and or partners or investors that will just take the house off their hands once something is signed, then I agree with you.

If the rookie has a little of that, then pre-foreclosures might be the place to be – depending on the market of course.

Why?

Because every deal has a cookie cutter aspect to it. Well, sort of.

With other types of deals, there are quite a few entrance and exit stategeries to use. It’s enough to make one’s head spin.

With the pre-FC, it’s a simple entrance at least.

Make up the back payments and other BS, and perhaps give the seller some moving money – if they ask for it. If there’s gobs of equity, give some now, and more later, when the house is sold or refinanced.

Fairly simple.

No dealing with Realtors. That’s important for most newbies. They generally make a*ses out of themselves somehow. … I sure did.

No money to the sellers or the mortgagee out of pocket. Just go to your local sharks, I mean investors breakfast meeting, and sell the contract for a few thousand.

The rookie just needs the desire to knock on some doors.

And they may, I mean should, learn their states FC laws. www.pesi.com has courses made for lawyers. Dry, but important. Very important in a state like CA.

Re: How to find Foreclosures - Posted by avery hodge

Posted by avery hodge on July 04, 2002 at 11:02:28:

HAS ANYONE USED LANCE YOUNG’S "HOWTOBUYFORCLOSURES"
COURSE? IS IT ANY GOOD? PLEASE LET ME KNOW?

Posted by avery hodge on July 04, 2002 at 11:01:30:

HAS ANYONE USED LANCE YOUNG’S "HOWTOBUYFORCLOSURES"
COURSE? IS IT ANY GOOD? PLEASE LET ME KNOW?

Posted by avery hodge on July 04, 2002 at 10:53:50:

HAS ANYONE TRIED LANCE YOUNG’S "HOW TO BUY A FORECLOSURE COURSE? IF YOU HAVE PLEASE E-MAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU’VE HAD SUCCESS WITH IT OR NOT?
OR FOLLOW UP ON THIS QUESTION HERE.THANKS