Posted by Eldrick Robisonel on February 26, 2001 at 19:31:28:

I am in Santa Rosa CA.

How to find investor - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on February 24, 2001 at 10:00:06:

I have 20 years experience in residential construction
and have dabled in realestate investing in the past
I know there is money to be made in my area on mobile homes
but I don’t have money or resources to invest at this time
all I have is my experience and willingness to work hard.

My question is,what is the best way to find people that
do have money and resources to invest,who are willing
to work with people like me.

Re: How to find investor - Posted by Joe C.

Posted by Joe C. on February 26, 2001 at 23:36:04:

Is there really a secondary market for these notes?? If so where??
I like the “Lonnie” program, just read the books etc. I already own a MH Park with some rentals I’ll be converting to notes. If I could leverage these to fill my park, I’d be in even better shape. I’d appreciate any help you could give.

Joe C.

Re: How to find investor - Posted by Eric C

Posted by Eric C on February 25, 2001 at 17:07:13:

Hi Jeff -

David is right on target. Regardless of size, there is always some sort of a gathering place, “watering hole”, or whatever in every community. Find yours.

I’ve seen tiny towns (less than 5,000 pop) that have folks who own 100 or more SFR’s; free and clear too.

However, if your goal is to find investment money, you might also want to try the local shopping malls.

Huh?

Every morning in this country, thousands of people travel (at great discomfort to themselves)to local shopping malls where they partake of a boring, but necessary morning ritual called – exercise, mall walking, to be more specific.

This is absolutely the largest gathering of millionaires in your area. I guarantee it.

They are experienced, they have cash, and they will listen to you. Better yet, if you can actually deliver on your promise of good (don’t overdo it here)and reasonably safe returns, they will make sure that you never run out of funds.

Of course, I’ve been telling folks about this tremendous source of capital for a long time now (over 10 years). But nobody pays attention.

You would think that stockbrokers, insurance agents, CPAs, doctors, and other businesspeople would catch on eventually. They have not.

Oh well, more for me.

Take care,

Eric C

Breakfast Club in YOUR area. - Posted by David S

Posted by David S on February 25, 2001 at 09:11:22:

look. All of the “heavyweight” investors, attys, doctors, developers, bankers, real estate pro’s, etc. ALL have breakfast at some little restaurant in your area. Many are retired, self-made millionaires. If you can get to their table, some of them love to tell of their success in business. JUST LISTEN to them. I’ve been told of many railroad, mining and land deals, from which they took their profits and invested in real estate. Are they any differant from you?

FIND THEM and the money will follow. Just have an open ear and a closed mouth. Learn to work “smart” and make long term investment goals.

David S

Re: How to find investor - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on February 24, 2001 at 19:48:53:

Normally people find enough money to do their first deal then they sell all or part of the note to raise capital for their next one.