how to find money investors? - Posted by Don

Posted by Joseph Zimny on July 31, 2003 at 24:58:48:

I faced the same issues once but I have found that there is one good way to overcome it. Salesmanship.
You have a good story to tell: financial success.
Now, you have to go sell it to someone.

1. Advertise: make up small business cards telling what you do and distribute them to accountants, lawyers, doctors, dentists, appraisers and other people in your community. SOMEONE will emerge and call you.

2. Take people out to a business lunch. When I first started in the industry, I began to realize that serious business people will take you seriously when you take them seriously. A business lunch is characterized by the fact that both parties understand that there is a clear business motive. You want them to know what you do and you want to solicit their support. Again, lawyers, accountants, doctors, dentists, etc. Once they know you’re serious, SOMEONE will emerge.

3. Tell your story to a local news reporter. Create an obvious news angle for them and they’ll write a story about you. Money people will DEFINITLY call you the. I did this here in Shanghai, China and CHINESE money people started calling me (good thing I speak Chinese!).

4. Begin to maintain a higher profile among the real estate community. This requires a sustained effort and will only yield results after 6-12 months. But once you’ve done it and gotten a few hits, it is easier to maintain the relationships.

These are just a few of the things I do regularly. As a result of my efforts, I have a group of 5-7 people I can call on a moments notice and borrow $100,000 from on a private note for 12 months. You can do this.
There is no genius formula here that you must pay big bucks to learn. Simple business skills will take you far.

good luck.

Joe Zimny

how to find money investors? - Posted by Don

Posted by Don on July 31, 2003 at 24:01:12:

Can anyone give me some ideas about finding people with money to back some of my ventures? I have done about 5 deals and was curious about good ways to find people to make a little more than 2% savings rates. I thought about the paper but there is no money wanted section. Where could i put it in the paper? Thanks for any ideas.