How to find owner of pre-foreclosure property? - Posted by SeanB

Posted by Patrick (Indy) on September 14, 2003 at 19:14:25:

Sean,

Review Kaiser’s article here:

http://www.creonline.com/articles/art-079.html.

Good Luck.

Patrick (Indy)

How to find owner of pre-foreclosure property? - Posted by SeanB

Posted by SeanB on September 14, 2003 at 18:54:30:

All,

I have found a property that is in great shape. It will be sold at auction on the 31st of this month. The bank told me that I can stop the auction if I buy before that date. I have the owners name but don’t know how to find him.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Re: How to find owner of pre-foreclosure property? - Posted by Tom-FL

Posted by Tom-FL on September 15, 2003 at 18:49:07:

Well around here (CRE) most folks recommend www.deadleads.com. I’ve never used them but I’ve read good things.

And around here (FL) our county records are online, including images. I get on there and call up photos of all the documents surrounding the case. Found one guy because he put an address 100 miles away on the original mortgage. Other times, the last page of the Lis Pendens is a “service list”. I’ve found relatives as far away as CA just by looking at that.

Re: How to find owner of pre-foreclosure property? - Posted by MattFL

Posted by MattFL on September 14, 2003 at 21:13:34:

If you have tried everything else, do a skip trace. They run from about $20 on up per trace. If they can’t find any info on them, then move on. Do a search online and you should find plenty of skip tracers. But I suggest you see what you can dig up yourself first. Look at all the public records you can find with the owners’ name on it. You can find some interesting things. Good luck!