How to find property managers - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on March 22, 2006 at 10:39:29:

Thank you for your input. No, I haven’t tried contacting other MHPs. That’s a great idea. Currently the park is being managed as a combination of an on-site manager together with the owners, not exactly sure who’s doing what. I prefer to rely on an outside experienced professional manager to handle all the matters.
Alex.

How to find property managers - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on March 09, 2006 at 15:18:43:

I’m in the process of acquiring an out-of-state MHP and need to start looking for property management companies that manage MHPs. I’ve already tried calling everybody on the list in Property Management section from Yellow Pages, but found that all of the companies listed only manage apartments. I’m trying to get help from my broker, also I thought that putting an ad in a few local newspapers might be a good idea. What else can I do? What are the sources for finding the management companies?
Thank you,
Alex.

Re: How to find property managers - Posted by jlaass

Posted by jlaass on March 20, 2006 at 12:31:23:

Have you tried contacting another MHP in the area to see who they use, have used? Won’t you inherit an on-site manager? Who currently manages the park? Ask who their competitors are since you want to get a competitive bid. Try Google for MHP PM’s in the area you’re purchasing and contact them.

Jeff
Commercial Real Estate Manager

Re: How to find property managers - Posted by jlaass

Posted by jlaass on March 22, 2006 at 10:43:57:

Will you retain the on-site manager? What do you want a PM to do that the on-site wouldn’t or are you really in need of a leasing agent?