how to find the owner of a house - Posted by Dane Lewis

Posted by Dane on August 11, 2003 at 07:30:44:

Thank you guys for all your help.

Thanks again…Dane

how to find the owner of a house - Posted by Dane Lewis

Posted by Dane Lewis on August 10, 2003 at 17:58:35:

I am working on my first deal. It is a rehab job. I have done a title search on the house. It is still not clear who owns the house,Well there is 1 lady showing ownership(they think). What is the best way to to locate her I have no clue where she lives. The property has been vacant for many years.

Please Help…Dane

Re: how to find the owner of a house - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on August 11, 2003 at 04:44:48:

Dane,

Sometimes a skip trace service can be helpful in these situations. Try www.findtheseller.com or www.accurint.com. You may be able to come up with a lead.

Best of luck,

RichV(FL)

Re: how to find the owner of a house - Posted by Larry

Posted by Larry on August 10, 2003 at 23:25:25:

I have posted this several times in the past. Some of it may or may not pretain to you but all of it is helful.

The company I use is www.deadleads.com and they guarantee their work so if they cannot find anything on the home owner then you don’t pay!

Here is the steps I take when tracking down owners:

1. After bird-dogging the area I look up the owners on my local County Appraisal District, CAD website.

2. Search Anywho.com for a phone number to call them. If that does not work then I mail them a letter inquiring about the vacant property.

3. If still no luck or the letter comes back undeliverable I then look them up at www.knowX.com. But I wait until I have a list of dead leads to do this. For $29.00 a day you can do unlimited searches for a full day. The downside to this site is that I cannot find unlisted #'s here.

4. If still no success then I contact the people over at www.deadleads.com. They will actually call around and try to contact the owner for you so you know you are getting accurate information and they are cheap to, $19.00.

This what I do and I have great success at it.

HTH

-Larry

Re: how to find the owner of a house - Posted by LoRezSkyline323 (CA)

Posted by LoRezSkyline323 (CA) on August 10, 2003 at 23:05:54:

dane,

i asked this very question myself a couple weeks ago - you may find this article helpful:

http://www.creonline.com/articles/art-079.html

good luck!

Re: how to find the owner of a house - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 10, 2003 at 22:52:20:

Dane Lewis------------

This question is asked several times a week. Do a archive search on this main board of this CREONLINE.COM website for “find owner” “locate owner” etc.

Also, there is an article on the topic in the “how to do it” forum. There are a lot of good articles there if you have not been reading them.

Good InvestingRon Starr*****