How to find Wholesalers in my area - Posted by LeAndra (Orlando, FL)

Posted by Clark Kent on August 10, 2007 at 14:50:43:

I’m not in Florida, and I only invest locally, so I’m not much help in Orlando.

Good luck with your marketing efforts. As I’m sure you know, there are deals everywhere.

How to find Wholesalers in my area - Posted by LeAndra (Orlando, FL)

Posted by LeAndra (Orlando, FL) on August 09, 2007 at 13:20:49:

How can I find birddogs or wholesalers in my investment area of Orlando, FL? I have been to a couple club meetings, but had no luck. I have had people approach me with “deals” that after my due diligence were over 80% ltv and Orlando is one of these markets that is declining, so I need no higher than 70% ltv to close on them.

Are there any tell tale signs in newspaper ads that would let me know it’s a wholesale advertiser?

Thanks

reinvestorwarehouse.com - Posted by thutch

Posted by thutch on August 11, 2007 at 09:50:23:

Did you go to CFRI or another club? Most people that advertise they are wholesalers don’t have good deals. You need to meet people and keep coming back so they know you are serious.
Try to offer something to the experienced investor instead of asking questions.

Check out reinvestorwarehouse.com it is run by a couple of my friends Ron Pruitt and Lee Spaziano. Get on there and have them send you only deals below 70%.

Also shoot me an email and I will put you on my buyers list. I don’t send stuff out very often, but they are deals. todd@ibuyhomes.com

You’re kidding, right? - Posted by Clark Kent

Posted by Clark Kent on August 09, 2007 at 16:46:02:

You’re kidding right…?

Everybody and their brother is a “wholesaler” these days!

You had “wholesalers” at the club meetings you went to… but you just didn’t like their deals. That’s okay, you have to have margins that you’re comfortable with. Maybe you just need to educate them on the margins you need to do business?

Most people who advertise “We Buy Houses” in the newspapers are wholesalers.

Most people who post bandit signs on telephone poles are wholesalers.

It’s almost as easy to walk out your door and find a “wholesaler” as it is to find a “house”.

If that ain’t good enough, thanks to Al Gore’s invention of the internet, you can find a “wholesaler” in another state who will gladly flip you a property in Orlando.

Re: You’re kidding, right? - Posted by LeAndra (Orlando)

Posted by LeAndra (Orlando) on August 10, 2007 at 09:23:45:

You are right. There are many “wholesalers” out there. I could walk into the local grocery store and trip over the check out boy that said he was a wholesaler these days. I guess I was just looking for a referral for a real deal type, rather than what is happenening. I will take your advice and start educating people on what I am looking for. BTW…Do you have a property in Orlando that I can purchase for under 70% LTV???