How to get my credit score? - Posted by Charity

Posted by Tom B (GA) on February 04, 2002 at 07:50:19:

If you are from Georgia, you are allowed 2 a year (1 every 6 months) from each of the agencies for free. Go to each of the big 3 websites and order online. These do not count against your report.

Tom

How to get my credit score? - Posted by Charity

Posted by Charity on February 03, 2002 at 21:41:21:

I saw the link to the First Ohio Mortgage, but they can’t give me my score in GA since they are not licensed here. Is there a link to another site where I can get it without calling a mortgage person?

Thanks!

Re: How to get my credit score? - Posted by Steve-Atl

Posted by Steve-Atl on February 04, 2002 at 09:06:00:

Charity:

The problem with requesting credit reports from Equifax, etc. is that they give you a copy of your report but they do not give your fico score.

I recently found myfico.com and discovered that you can get your report with a fico score. It costs about $12 but you get a complete report.

Good Luck

Re: How to get my credit score? - Posted by DavePA

Posted by DavePA on February 03, 2002 at 21:55:41:

Try these Charity.
Experian: 1-888-397-3742 www.experian.com
Equifax: 1-800-685-1111 www.equifax.com
Trans Union: 1-800-888-4213 www.transunion.com

Equifax is the closer of the three to where you are located. Good Luck, dave

GA & others give free reports & scores - Posted by HarryAtl

Posted by HarryAtl on February 04, 2002 at 09:49:09:

All GA residents can get 2 credit reports a year for free! I did this a few weeks ago and one of the bureaus had an option to get my credit score too, which I did. It was free and the reports came about a week later by mail. It’s pretty simple to do. Here’s a link to the numbers you need to call to get your free report (this is really free!).

Here are the states can get free reports:
Colorado
Georgia ** 2 free reports
Maryland * $5.00 for reports
Massachusetts
New Jersey
Vermont

Enjoy,
Harry

Re: How to get my credit score? - Posted by RR

Posted by RR on February 03, 2002 at 21:59:11:

REMINDER : every time you score is pulled it goes down because it’s consider an inquiry, so try to use the results from one of the 3 agencies above.

Re: How to get my credit score? - Posted by DavePA

Posted by DavePA on February 03, 2002 at 22:02:35:

You are allowed 1 FREE credit report per year. And it has to be exactly 1 year or more apart. ex: You ask for a credit report on Feb. 3 2002 you then are only able to get another FREE report if you ask for a report on Feb. 3 2003 or later!! And I would ask them to put your score on the report, because sometimes they don’t if you don’t ask them too. Good Luck, dave