How to get new title - Posted by Bill

Posted by Steve W (WA) on August 05, 2002 at 24:06:31:


on your state/county. I would recommend describing the situation to your title desk (DMV, DOL, whatever) and they will tell you what is necessary.

By the meager information you supply, I would guess that the seller simply complete a form for loss of title, and sign and get notarized a limited Power of Attorney for title transfer only (there is one in DOW, or your title desk may have a state POA form - WA does), and sign a Release of Interest. This, with a bill of sale to you, should suffice for a title - heck its all the steps necessry to get one.


How to get new title - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on August 03, 2002 at 22:00:02:

I am looking at a mobile home for $2500. The owner has a bill of sale when he bought it, but no title. He has the serial # on the bill of sale but it isn’t on the home. How do I get a new TITLE.