How to get sellers calling!!! - Posted by Lorenzo,NC

Posted by JeneanNC on March 06, 2000 at 11:29:11:

Lorenzo, what part of NC are you located in? I live in
Raleigh. Can you share the names/numbers of the answering service and 888# providers?

How to get sellers calling!!! - Posted by Lorenzo,NC

Posted by Lorenzo,NC on March 02, 2000 at 08:48:11:

I work a full time job and go to school fulltime. I was wondering how as a part time investor could I best use my time. Besides using an ad, how can I get sellers to call while I’m away and then I call them back when I get a chance to breathe.

I wanted to use a method like Legrand using a script with a live answering service, but the prices were unreal and required a high volume.

Any advice is appreciated!!

Lorenzo,NC

Re: How to get sellers calling!!! - Posted by Emette Massey

Posted by Emette Massey on March 08, 2000 at 20:21:11:

Lorenzo I realize this idea isn’t very “live” or personal but I located voice telephony software which will enable you to use your PC as a complete message center. The cost is $99. You may want to check out their website for further details. http://www.sunny-beach.net/default.htm

Much success to you! By the way, I’m from the Hickory, NC area.

Re: How to get sellers calling!!! - Posted by Bassman

Posted by Bassman on March 02, 2000 at 11:38:04:

Call around on the answering services. I have an answering service for $50.00 a month. I also inlcude an 888 # as well, for 12 cents a minute. they page me as soon as a seller or buyer calls , so I can call right back. I am in a large metropolitan area , so things get expensive here, but I thought $50 was fair for what they offer.
Hope this helps.
Scott

You have identified one of the problems - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on March 02, 2000 at 09:27:16:

The approach Legrand specifies does not lend itself to part time. But the first question that has to be answered is what is your budget for finding properties. It is either time or money. If you have the cash you can network with the people that flip houses and they will bring them to you. If you have the time but not the money then start calling FSBO’s and for rent ads. Or start sending postcards. As you create more money then hire someone to do the mailings or the calls. Start with an ad in one paper. Budget at least six months. A friend has an answering service that costs $40+/mo to answer his cell phone. He then calls in periodiclly when he gets a chance. Set your goal to find one property. Use the profits to reinvest in your business.