How to H.U.D. a rental???? - Posted by Ed Ortiz

Posted by chris on April 08, 2000 at 01:01:21:

Ed-

Section 8(the HUD rental assistance program)is run individually through each community. Look in the government pages of your phone book. It will be in the county/city housing or community development department. They will be glad to give the detail for your area.

Your neighbor can probably give you this info as well as tell you the pluses/minuses of his experience. Just ask. You may want to do a search at CREOnline for the term Section 8 and you should get some hits. It seems like landlords like it or hate it-no grey area.

-Good Luck,Chris

How to H.U.D. a rental??? - Posted by Ed Ortiz

Posted by Ed Ortiz on April 07, 2000 at 23:35:43:

I have a 2/1 for rent(445.00) and have had about 5 people calling me today asking if I accepted H.U.D. I’ve been telling them that I’ve never done one and don’t know about the process.

Tonight the next door neighbor tells me that H.U.D. pays for his place. His place is no where as nice as mine is and estimated fmv would be around 350.00 a month, yet he is getting 450.00. Seems like there is a shortage of avail. units aroun this area.

Does anybody have any info on hud rentals and how to be able to “accept” them??? Any success or horor stories???

Muchas gracias,
Ed Ortiz