How to handle calls when you're selling - Posted by William

Posted by TRandle on April 29, 2000 at 10:55:13:

William,
Do you have Kaiser’s L/O course? At first, I thought his tenant acquisition system was a little overboard, but I have a better understanding now that I have multiple houses available. We’re slowly moving toward that type of system. It essentially weeds out those that are not serious by making them jump through several hoops. Also, you can filter some buyers by changing your ads. We were getting tons of calls and buyer forms through our site and thought we had a great buyer’s list. WRONG! By making it harder on the buyers, you actually make it much easier on you. Hope that helps some. If you don’t have Kaiser’s course, I recommend it.

How to handle calls when you’re selling - Posted by William

Posted by William on April 29, 2000 at 09:29:46:

Hi, maybe some of you know how it feels to have your phone ring 100 times a weekend when you are selling a house via lease option or owner finance. Even worse if you have 2 or more houses being sold at the same time. I’m sure that I’m not the only one that can’t answer the phone all day and can’t return 60 messages at once.
Has anyone came up with an efficient system that can handle giving all the information about a house and the directions to all of the prospective buyers that are looking to buy? I know there are more productive ways to spend my time than to be tied to the phone all day giving directions.
Thanks for any help!

Re: How to handle calls when you’re selling - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on May 03, 2000 at 07:01:36:

I am utilizing my website a LOT ! I tell them to look at the page, which usually contains inside shots as well, with room sizes etc. Then I tell them to drive the neighborhood. Question #1: Do you have the rent and deposit money NOW ? If it is L/O, then do they have ALL THE L/O money NOW ? Then I will show it. I still only show a house 3 times before it is rented, but you’re right. The phone is irritating at times. My last two, I didn’t even run an ad. My buyers came straight from the web page.

Laure :slight_smile:

Re: How to handle calls when you’re selling - Posted by Soraya

Posted by Soraya on April 30, 2000 at 17:44:09:

Get Voice Mail. Put together a script regarding the description of the property, the address and directions to the property. Tell potential tenant buyers to drive by the property and to call you if they are interested. Voice mail can handle 100 calls simultaneously without a busy signal. That way the only people you talk to are those who are interested.
Soraya