How to handle unaswered phone calls to ad? - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by Phillip on May 18, 2000 at 24:36:47:

Please share as to why you think the live answering service is better over something like voice mail. I am trying to make a decision on this very subject as to which is better. Thanks!

How to handle unaswered phone calls to ad? - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by SteveA (FL) on May 16, 2000 at 12:19:43:

I ran an ad in my local weekly paper trying to pull foreclosure prospects out of the woodwork. I have ringmaster so I know when a response to the ad is coming in. Problem is they all call during the day when I’m at work and won’t leave a message (which doesn’t surprise me). My wife is at home and tells me it was a “two-ringer” but she has no interest in participating in my CRE activities right now. She supports me whole-heartedly, but is very uncomfortable answering the phone now.

How do I handle this? I have caller-id so I get the name and number, but on each of these I can’t seem to track down a corresponding address to mail them a card. I feel too aggresive just calling back without their leaving a message.

One person DID leave a message yesterday and I called them back and they had dialed a wrong number. Figures.

Thanks.

Re: How to handle unaswered phone calls to ad? - Posted by Tim W.

Posted by Tim W. on May 17, 2000 at 04:14:20:

Consider using call forwarding to a digital cell phone that offers caller id and voice mail.

The caller id will give you the number of the person calling. If you can’t answer the phone while it’s ringing, your voice mail can take a message rather than your A/M sitting on your end-table at home. At least your response time calling the caller back will increase your chances that you can call them back before they’ve changed their mind or found someone else to call.

As a last resort, consider using a live answering service.

Good luck.

Re: How to handle unaswered phone calls to ad? - Posted by John Ohio

Posted by John Ohio on May 16, 2000 at 17:38:38:

Steve, I remeber going through tha stage many years ago. I would get the list of Caller ID’s and call them back asking if they had called about a house they have for sale. Most people would talk to me about it. Others would say no they didn’t call. Others would call back after I talked to them. Anyway, now I use a live answering serice for about $30/month
Good Luck.

Re: How to handle unaswered phone calls to ad? - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on May 16, 2000 at 13:27:54:

Call them back. You don’t get any points for being “non-agressive” in this business.

You might say “I noticed that you called my ad today but didn’t leave a message. How can I help?”

There’s no penalty…I promise.

JPiper