How to locate duplexes or SFH's w/ Apt - Posted by Patrick

Posted by Natalie-VA on February 07, 2008 at 08:14:35:

I guess I’m getting snookered. My MLS won’t send non NAR member listings in the feed to NAR.

–Natalie

How to locate duplexes or SFH’s w/ Apt - Posted by Patrick

Posted by Patrick on February 04, 2008 at 22:43:08:

I want to purchase either a duplex or a SFH to live in and rent out the other unit. What is the best – and preferably free – way to search for such properties? I live in the MD suburbs of Washington, DC, but also want to search other smaller towns within 100 miles of my current residence, so that could include PA and DE.

Re: How to locate duplexes or SFH’s w/ Apt - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on February 05, 2008 at 06:27:23:

realtor.com can be searched by multi-units and zip code to locate everything listed. newspapers and on line sites can give acces to non listed properties.

Re: How to locate duplexes or SFH’s w/ Apt - Posted by tampasteph

Posted by tampasteph on February 05, 2008 at 04:58:52:

Call a realtor who has experience in the areas you are looking for. Tell them what you want and have them search the mls for you. Easy, peasy, Japanesey. And free. :slight_smile:

Good luck,
Steph

Re: How to locate duplexes or SFH’s w/ Apt - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on February 06, 2008 at 07:23:51:

Hi David,

Just an FYI, realtor.com only has listings where the agents are members of NAR. They do not include non-member listings. For example, I am a member of my local MLS, but not a member of NAR. My listings are not included in the feed that gets sent to NAR.

–Natalie

not entirely true… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on February 06, 2008 at 12:18:44:

I used to work for a broker that was not a realtor, but our listings were on realtor.com because they were downloaded from the MLS. If you email me privately I’ll give you a demo.