How to put info on tenant credit report in TN - Posted by Shemah

Posted by David on November 02, 2000 at 20:39:23:

See the info at www.mrlandlord.com - they have info on reporting BAD and GOOD tenant behavior.

How to put info on tenant credit report in TN - Posted by Shemah

Posted by Shemah on November 02, 2000 at 16:32:30:

I had a tenant literally tear my rental property to pieces. Her damages were 3 times the amount of her deposit. She does not have the money to help us out and I don’t want to fool with sueing her. I do however, want this to be noted on her credit report. Can I do this? What is the procedure and cost to me? My property is in Memphis Tenn.

Re: How to put info on tenant credit report in TN - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on November 03, 2000 at 09:59:16:

I feel that it is a landlord’s responsibility to report these types of things so that another landlord does not get struck with this person. Unless you belong to a credit reporting service($$$$) you can’t put something on their credit report. Some people get set up to do credit cards and have it in their contract so that they can charge late rent to the credit card. This would be one way to report and resolve. But unless you do go to court, get a judgement, get an abstract of the judgement, and record that abstract it will not get on their credit report.

You can also join one of the national tenant reporting agencies. By reporting it to them the information is sort of out there.

Re: How to put info on tenant credit report in TN - Posted by Finley

Posted by Finley on November 02, 2000 at 17:09:03:

Although I am not a lawyer, I believe you may have to get a judgement against her (sue) in order to place it on her credit report.