How To Sell Your House In 5 Days - Posted by Steve Henry

Posted by Lynn (AL) on November 03, 1998 at 11:04:57:

I found this book at Barnes & Noble. I didn’t buy it, but read most of it while in the store.

Lynn

How To Sell Your House In 5 Days - Posted by Steve Henry

Posted by Steve Henry on November 01, 1998 at 01:28:30:

Has anyone ever read this book or tried the technique? I saw it at the library and am on the waiting list. Sounds very interesting.

Steve

Re: How To Sell Your House In 5 Days - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on November 02, 1998 at 16:34:27:

Haven’t seen the book, but I’ll share two ways I’ve done it. It’s simple to sell a property for a low down, modest interest rate with seller financing. We have 5-10 buyers all clamoring for the property and just select the best one. Of course, this works if you don’t need cash out or have already cashed out through financing.

With conventional type sales it can be easy too. Years ago I learned a valuable technique As a broker, I knew the value that “Farming” could have for agents and I had a property I wanted to sell quickly. I used the MLS computer to find out which brokerage and which agent had the most listings in an area. If you do not have access to a book, then just drive around in a concentric circle around the property and write down the brokerages and agents.

I found an agent that was specializing in my area (Farming). I listed with her and the property was sold and closed in one week. The agent really strutted around for a long time about how other brokers would actually list their properties with her.

That isn’t a one time case. Any time I or a client have a property to sell through a “normal” type sale, I use this technique. Even properties that have been on the market for years have sold in days or just a few weeks. There are two reasons I wouldn’t handle it as a broker. One is that I have other more important uses for my time, but most importantly - I recognize the value of someone that has “Exposure” in an area or type of property.

The key is pricing the property at market and finding the right agent, that has many listings in the area. I interview them too and ask for a marketing plan for the property. It is important that they are a hungry agent and want the listing bad enough to prepare a plan and be “interviewed”. Somewhere between 70-90% (I can’t remember the exact figure) of properties that are sold through the MLS were a result of a buyer calling about or looking at another property nearby. That is why it is so valuable to have an agent with a lot of exposure (and existing buyers) in the area.

Just a couple options that have worked very well.

Re: How To Sell Your House In 5 Days - Posted by Steve Henry

Posted by Steve Henry on November 03, 1998 at 10:51:07:

Thanks, John, I value your knowledge and really appreciate your sharing.

Steve