How to show properties under contract? - Posted by Garth

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on February 01, 2001 at 18:38:12:

It depends.

It depends on what your contract says. The contract that you have should say something to the effect that; you have the right to show the property to appraisers, contractors, prospective tenants and purchasers, etc. Then it is a simple matter to work with the occupant to show the property.

Now if you have an option to purchase in this agreement (or a seperate option to purchase this property), you have the right to sell.

If you have a Realtor who does not understand that, I would suggest getting a Realtor who knows what they are doing. Or better yet do it yourself.

How to show properties under contract? - Posted by Garth

Posted by Garth on February 01, 2001 at 14:17:10:

Am currently qualifying buyers for a property that I have under contract and have not yet closed. My realtor is hesitant to show to any of my prospective buyers since the property is not officially mine and won’t enter into a listing agreement. How do I get my buyers into the home before closing?

Re: How to show properties under contract? - Posted by Garth (OH)

Posted by Garth (OH) on February 04, 2001 at 21:27:21:

Thanks Ed–

Truly I think I’m in virgin territory for many of the real estate agents in this area. I sought out a young, aggressive agent who didn’t mind presenting my offers, but he doesn’t have much clout or experience. Have been using the realty board “standard contract” with my conditions written in. Next time we’ll make sure to stipulate access to the property when under contract. I suppose a realtor knowledgable in creative real estate techniques is worth his weight in gold.