How To Stop Inquiries Into My Credit Report? - Posted by Nimesh Patel

Posted by Bruce Lawson on July 11, 2002 at 20:59:27:

Hi Nimesh,

What happens many times when you apply for credit and there are issues on the credit report the application gets passed around to every lender on this earth to get the customer bought until finally someone decides to make the loan. Then the consumer ends up with many inquiry’s that are not reconized,this is considered as part of the appication process and is totally legal as unfortunate as it is for the consumer.

Make it known you do not want your application passed on past there office, talk with the lenders and see if there are items on there that are of concern to the lender. Then you can do something about it.

Sincerely,

Bruce Lawson

How To Stop Inquiries Into My Credit Report? - Posted by Nimesh Patel

Posted by Nimesh Patel on July 11, 2002 at 20:25:42:

Hi, I know that the more times a person’s credit report
is accessed/inquired, the lower a person’s credit rating can
go down. Thus how can I prevent people from making inquiries
into my credit report wihtout my permission?

Re: How To Stop Inquiries Into My Credit Report? - Posted by Michael TX

Posted by Michael TX on July 12, 2002 at 17:25:20:

Number 1, stop applying for credit! That is the number 1 method of eliminating inquiries, that matter of course. The inquiries incurred that can be stopped by opting out are soft inquiries and do not affect your fico score. The only inquiries that matter are the ones initiated by you, in search for credit. If a company makes a hard inquiry without your approval, sue them. Each violation is worth $1000.

Re: How To Stop Inquiries Into My Credit Report? - Posted by JohnP S.FL

Posted by JohnP S.FL on July 11, 2002 at 22:23:52:

Nimesh,
very easy just call this number and opt yourself out. You can Opt out for two years or a lifetime.
1-888-567-8688 Opt out number.
This will go to all three reporting agencies.

JohnP S.FL

Re: How To Stop Inquiries Into My Credit Report? - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on July 11, 2002 at 21:31:06:

Nimesh,

Pull a copy of your own credit report, which does not count as an inquirey.

Seek your financing based on the credit report YOU have pulled. Tell the lenders (or agents) that you specifically do not want your credit report pulled (and don’t sign anything that gives them permission to do so). And that upon your acceptance of the terms, you will authorize them to pull your credit report for verification.

That way, your credit report is only pulled once.

Brad