How would you capitalize in lucrative markets outside your own? - Posted by David J. MacGown

Posted by LennWA on December 09, 1999 at 01:02:55:

David: where do you plan on parking your Learjet. :slight_smile:
for the trips to S.F.
LOL just teasing. The only way I can see you doing something like this is to use the internet. I have seen webpages of investors telling of what they invest in.
To me if one is to invest in homes you have to be there to inspect and make an offer and if you can some way use the internet to sub for you on those points maybe you might pull it off.
Good luck let us know how it turns out for you.
LennWA

How would you capitalize in lucrative markets outside your own? - Posted by David J. MacGown

Posted by David J. MacGown on December 08, 1999 at 24:25:45:

Ahh… the internet! I am hoping that everyone can spark my creative thinking. Here’s the scenerio…

I don’t want to live in San Fransisco because the cost of living is too high and the houses are overpriced.
I would much rather (If given the choice) live in a smaller city in the midwest, such as Duluth,Mn (buy the way is there anyone from that area?) where the homes are one of the cheapest in the country AND you have a pretty big lake there. A true waterfront property bargain! BUT… I would like to wheel & deal in the San Fransisco area (through the internet) that way I am making big money from a lucrative market while my expenses are very low from inhabbiting in Duluth! I am working in the lease /option & option side of the investment game while I am tryng to work at both the offenseive and the defensive part of the personal finance game.

Any ideas on how to make this work?

Thanks a million!
David