HP12C? HELP - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by chris on June 21, 2000 at 05:01:24:

http://www.hp.com/calculators/business/12c_tech.html

The site above has multiple links to answer many different questions on this calculator.

-Good Luck,Chris

HP12C? HELP - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on June 20, 2000 at 20:17:12:

I am looking for help on using this Darn thing. I bought it a few months ago before I went to the convention. I have been using TI BA Realestate Plus. I have droped and bought 3 in the past couple years. I am just looking at these things and it seems to be durable. I lost the book which when I bought the Calc. was really know help. If some one could help and run me through a sceniros it really would help.

Thanks,
Jonathan Rexford

Re: HP12C? HELP - Posted by Glenn-OH

Posted by Glenn-OH on June 21, 2000 at 21:45:36:

The most important thing to remember is that the HPs use RPN logic. That means 2+2=4 doesn’t work. 2 ‘enter’ 2 ‘+’ gives 4. For payments ‘+’ is money in and ‘-’ is money out. So for calculating 150000K @ 8% for 30 years, do 150000 ‘PV’ 8 ‘g’ ‘i’ 360 ‘n’ ‘PMT’ gives monthly payment -1,100.646861.

If you want to get serious… - Posted by soapymac

Posted by soapymac on June 21, 2000 at 16:36:35:

and make that HP12C kick some a55 there was a card that came with yours…and for about $30.00, you could buy TWO instructional books. One went into depth on how the calculator worked…and how you could make it work to provide the answers you need. The second was a little book that fits in the vinyl case with the calculator that gives you the keystrokes. The book is packed (I’m moving) and the keystroke book is with my calculator…at work.

Make these books your friends. They will pay you back big time.

Cordially,

Roy MacLean
“soapymac”