Hubby is almost there ! - Posted by Laure

Posted by SusanL.–FL on April 28, 2000 at 09:54:30:

nt.

Hubby is almost there ! - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on April 27, 2000 at 06:26:56:

Closed on a house today. Of course, it needs work ! LOL

Upon leaving, my husband commented: “You can just smell the money in this one !”

And, no ! It wasn’t cat urine ! hehehe

Anyway, I think he’s getting the fever ! I’m glad cuz I like really like him a lot, and two is better than one.

Laure :slight_smile:

Wife is working her first, PLUS! - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on April 27, 2000 at 12:18:18:

Laura,
Glad to hear it. Kelly is working on her first and I keep waiting for her to post something, but I think she wants to wait until she completes the sell side. She’s pretty much done the whole thing herself and is having trouble with repair folks. Have you ever heard of such a thing?

I’ve been working my hiney off 14 or 15 hours a day for a few weeks now with more to go. So, she’s had to jump in with both feet! In addition to her deal, she’s been trying to fill 4 other houses with folks. I’m helping as best I can, but she’s been getting serious on-the-job training the last month or so. Maybe we’ll soon see some spousal success stories…

Re: Is there room in Peoria for TWO real estate moguls? ;-} nt - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on April 27, 2000 at 08:59:33:

nt

You must feel very good today !!! - Posted by JohnG

Posted by JohnG on April 27, 2000 at 08:17:43:

There is an old story about the young, aggressive, ambitious (but penniless) entrepreneur who starts out and tries to borrow from everyone he knew to start his business. Of course, (as in real life) they all laughed and made fun of this guy with all the big dreams and no money.

“Get a job”
“What makes you think you’re going to make big money”
“Don’t you know most new businesses fail in the first year”
"Boy, some people are real dreamers - ha ha "

On and on it went until a few years later this person had made a sizable fortune and was being recognized by the community he lived in. He was listening to all the speakers at this dinner say what a great person he was and all the benefits he brought to the town and how smart he was etc etc etc.

And he smiled as he thought to himself about all these same people who tried to sabotage his success in the beginning by constantly telling him that it won’t work.

“I don’t need you to tell me how great I am now - I have a big pocket full of money and a big company that is worth a lot of money that tells me I can do it. I needed you to tell me that when I started out with nothing but a dream and a desire to do something great and nothing else to my name.”

For all the budding entrepreneurs out there keep this story in mind. You see, we are the ones with the faith in ourselves and our future when thats all we have to keep us going. The bills come in; the deals don;t close; the tenants don’t pay; the buyer can’t get financing; the bank says no;on top of all that your spouse looks at you like you are a few bricks short of a load and what are you doing with “our” future.

We must have great faith in the beginning because there is no evidence to support what we are trying to do. Later when we have the evidence (i.e. financial) it is then that the non-believers then become believers.Not too hard when all the outward signs of succes are there. But we could see that right from day one - it just took a little time to put it together.

So, don’t worry too much if at first your spouse isn’t a believer. It may take some time but as you have shown - they cannot argue with success. But the bottom line is that they cannot ignore the fact that you did it ON YOUR OWN when no one really gave you any chance that you would make it and you did it in spite of all that negatitive chatter out there.

Congratulations - you must feel very good today !!!

Re: Wife is working her first, PLUS! - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on April 28, 2000 at 08:36:32:

Great going! Can’t wait to hear about it all in Park City!
Carol and Dennis (two more spouses - in - houses)

GOOD story, John! - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on April 28, 2000 at 10:04:16:

Sometimes it DOES get discouraging if we don’t suceed (in a deal) the first, second, or third time.

Just gotta keep our heads down and our noses to the grindstone—and KEEP at it!! Don’t give up!!

The ones who can ‘keep the faith’ know it’s out there…($financial$ success and $financial$ independence)!

We just have to hang in there—even when the ‘doomsdayers’ R nippin’ at our heels (and believe me, MINE are half chewed off at this point)!!

:slight_smile:

Re: You must feel very good today !!! - Posted by Chenel Moore_MD

Posted by Chenel Moore_MD on April 27, 2000 at 16:55:31:

Been there and done that!!! I started off as the unbelieving spouse!!! For months I was angry with my husband for even thinking about accumulating millions of dollars worth of real estate and to think he wanted to buy no money down!!! Who ever heard of such a thing, it had to be illegal.

Today, I can’t drive pass any house in America without seeing big $$$$ signs all over it.LOL
And get this, I quit my job over a year ago and got my real estate license so one of us can focus on this full time. My last payday earned us $33,000. When we went to the bank, the teller couldn’t believe that we actually had that much money in our account and went to get her manager. Was I offended? Hell no!!!

Second payday is coming at the end of next month and would you believe it we will make in excess of $30,000.
Can’t wait to go the bank on this one!!!

Thanks JohnG–I needed that. (NT) - Posted by NB(ID)

Posted by NB(ID) on April 27, 2000 at 08:38:46:

Thanks JohnG–I needed that!