husband trying to steal my home! please help - Posted by debbie kennon

Posted by Jimmy on July 14, 2007 at 07:31:49:

if you want a private consultation, call a lawyer.

if you want to give us some facts, you just might get some useful ideas.

husband trying to steal my home! please help - Posted by debbie kennon

Posted by debbie kennon on July 13, 2007 at 16:17:22:

husband is trying to steal my home.
my NC phone # is 336-344-0282
i desperately need some help here.
thanks,
debi k.

Re: husband trying to steal my home! please help - Posted by Karen Hill

Posted by Karen Hill on July 17, 2007 at 04:45:28:

I am hoping that you can help me. My husband and I are going through a messy divorce, having said this he forced me out of our marital property due to verbal and physical abuse. The house has been sitting for approximately 5 months with no offers to date. In the past couple of days, I understand per my realtor that a showing was attempted this past Saturday, but the locks were changed. Therefore, the realtor was unable to show the property to a prosepctive buyer. My realtor advised there was nothing they could do unless, they could prove that my ex is intentionally avoiding the sell/showing of the property. After my mother drove by the residence last night, she also observed the sign was missing from in front of the residence and he now has a roomate living with him and this is shared property between the 2 of us. Is there any legal recourse I should know about in this situation? The way I see it, is that we both have a binding contract with this realtor to assist us in the sell of our property and yet my ex doesn’t feel like he has to sell the property. The other issue is that it’s my understanding that my ex entered into a lease contract only written by him and the house is co owned between the two of us.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated on this topic. If it helps to know the property is located in Virginia. Thanks

Re: husband trying to steal my home! please help - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on July 14, 2007 at 12:56:58:

Agree with Jimmy. Is is legal maneuvering, if so how is Title vested (Joint Tenancy, Community property, tenants in common, other). Are you in a community property state and was the house purchased after you got married?

Or is it a mobile home where he can drive up a truck, hook it up, and be off with it?