I buy homes Mailings? - Posted by Hodman

Posted by Heidi W on February 02, 2002 at 21:26:15:

I just wanted to suggest post cards for starters. Less expensive and they’re hard not to open.

Something simple with Benefit Statements and a Phone Number on some bright obnoxious color paper. Just send to 1000-2000 people in your target (farm area) and see what happens.

Good Luck!

I buy homes Mailings? - Posted by Hodman

Posted by Hodman on February 01, 2002 at 21:16:54:

I purchased the Maricopa, AZ County 2000 tax sale list, and I am planning to do an ?I buy homes mailing.? Can some one help me with a form letter or any other ideas about the best way to go about this. I have just finished reviewing Steve Cooks Flipping course and wanted to put some of this information to use.

I have talked to two people about Steve?s system. The first was my next door neighbor, Rick, a Realtor. He told me some stories of how three investors just fought over a house he listed and paid full retail on a run down house in a lower income neighborhood. He works with a Realtor that specializes in bank owned houses and said he is always hearing from him how some real-estate investor have unrealistic expectations of stealing houses for 70% of FMV. He said he would pull me some listings. That was last week. I am still waiting for them.

The second person I talked to was John, my high school Prom Date?s Husband. He is an appraiser and Very successful real-estate investor. He steered me towards buying multi-housing complexes. That is the way he made his millions. He was telling me that steals on houses are far and few between in Phoenix?s hot real-estate market. But he did offer to partner with me and put up the cash if I did find one, which I plan on taking him up on.