I can't believe this one... - Posted by Dan (MD)

Posted by Randall on August 23, 2003 at 22:57:08:

sounds like a great deal. Consider financing terms like this 50K 6years 0%. 0% is very popular right now.

I can’t believe this one… - Posted by Dan (MD)

Posted by Dan (MD) on August 23, 2003 at 21:32:25:

I bought a 97 fleetwood DW today. It’s in perfect shape, clean, with a central air, washer dryer and the bathroom is bigger than the one in my house…for only $12,000…and it gets better.

The owner’s son was evicted last month and the park is going through the legal procedures to forclose on the home and take it over, the owners couldn’t find a buyer that was able to come up with all the cash and pass the parks credit check (imagine that).

They have a clear title because the guys mom took out a second mortgage on their house to pay off the lien holder on the home a few years ago. I’ve been dealing with the guys mom, she doesn’t need all the cash up front and just wants to be able to get this thing off her mind.

So I got it for $2000 down, $5000 in 12 months and $5000 in 24 months…I can’t believe this one

I have to move it (it’ll cost $3000-$3500 unfortunately) but I already have a buyer who is willing to pay $3000 down and $700/month for 6+ years that’s $38,000 at 12.75% or $50,000 total payments. I don’t really know how to figure out the return on this one but I figure it’s “good enough”

Dan

PS thanks Doc for keeping me in this deal…was about ready to drop it yesterday