I got it!!! - Posted by Jessyca Watson

Posted by CarolFL on April 23, 2000 at 15:42:30:

Jessica, we always determine whether we want to take over the tenants with a property, if so, which, etc, and make it the seller’s responsibility to comply before closing.

However, sounds like you already have a contract in place, and if seasonal is the way you want to go, check your local/state landlord tenant laws, which must vary from state to state.

In FL, with month to month, we would have to give notice by the 1st of the month, for the property to be vacated by the first of the following. Can’t do it mid month.

Maybe the seller will do that for you next week? Worth a try.

BTW, what would the units rent for on an annual basis?

Good luck.
Carol

I got it!!! - Posted by Jessyca Watson

Posted by Jessyca Watson on April 23, 2000 at 13:49:20:

Okay, the closing on my very first tri-plex is middle of next month. These are prime units with a beautiful view and summer is on the way!! Which means I want to turn them into Vacation Rentals (I could have two rented out FOR SURE at $1,800 per month) Talk about killer money!! Okay, here’s my question – All three units are currently rented on a month to month basis. I want to vacate two units, can I do this before I close on the sale?? Or do I have to wait? The sooner I can vacate these units the sooner I can add a really great cash flow!