I got money back from HBOA- thanks - Posted by Rick Stooker

Posted by JLM on November 19, 1998 at 11:55:10:

At least you got your money back in 4 months. A friend of mine did get his money back also, but it took him a year to do it.

I got money back from HBOA- thanks - Posted by Rick Stooker

Posted by Rick Stooker on November 15, 1998 at 01:27:16:

Months ago I found messages on this board warning people to avoid the SUCCESS magazine/First Financial/HomeBuyers of America real estate courses. I copied these, and sent them - along with archived messages that several of you sent me - to my credit card company to back up my claim for a refund.

Today I received my notification that I was getting my money back. Thanks to everybody who posted their negative experience and everybody who sent me the archived posts.

I see from current messages that HBOA is still using SUCCESS magazine’s formerly deserved good reputation to promote their ripoff program. Keep up the good work of warning people away.

And isn’t it time somebody spread the word that SUCCESS has changed ownership and editorial policies and is no longer the magazine that earned its great reputation, but is instead a cover for First Financial scams?

How many of you plan to renew your subscriptions?

To all of you - don’t spend any big money at any home business seminar. If you do, use a credit card. However, don’t assume that getting your money back if you’re not happy is easy - it’s not. It took me time and effort and letters and phone calls and over 4 months.

So, if you’re not sure about something, use a credit card. But if you’re really not sure, don’t buy it at all.