I have a research paper due. What do you know? - Posted by David L. Rosengarden

Posted by Nate on March 11, 2001 at 06:58:31:

Dave,

A history of real estate investing will really turn out to be more like a history of tax policy in the U.S.

Historically, real estate investing has been heavily driven by the tax system and people’s efforts to reduce their taxes. Various changes in depreciation schedules, allowable deductions, etc. (and the tax reform act of 1986 which got rid of all the funny business) had substantial impacts on why, and how, people invested in real estate.

Good luck.

NT

I have a research paper due. What do you know? - Posted by David L. Rosengarden

Posted by David L. Rosengarden on March 10, 2001 at 23:02:54:

Hi folks.

I have a research paper due in my Grammar & Composition II class. I have 5 weeks to do it and I think I’m already on my second week.

My topic: Successful Real Estate Investing: A History and How to.

I would like to show a brief summary of successful, creative real estate investors over the past 50 years or so and then complete the bulk of my paper with how to do it today.

Here’s what I need if any of you gurus can help:

Recommendations of books (at least 7) that will give me the resources necessary for proper research.

What kind of outline could I use? How should I present the paper? (History first then a how to? What steps in the how to would be the major points? Should they have a logical progression?)

Finally, I can also use interviews from respected sources of authority on the topic at hand. Considering my company on this site, who would be willing to be interviewed? (Most likely would be a questionaire sent by e-mail)

I appreciate all your help and advice in advance. Thanx!

Dave R