I have my last $600 - What should I do?!?!? - Posted by Kelvin

Posted by gordon on June 16, 2006 at 23:18:10:

this has to be a joke, correct? You cannot be serious… You have a masters degree (in what?), have owned 2 homes and how have only 600 bucks? Why don’t you get a job ?

I have my last $600 - What should I do?!?!? - Posted by Kelvin

Posted by Kelvin on March 21, 2006 at 09:30:59:

Due to certain circumstances I have a check for $600 and no job. I’m fairly educated I have Master’s Degree and all but I’m really looking to build my own business. I have bought 2 homes in my life to live in so I’m pretty familiar with that process but can anyone help me and point me in the right direction on how to make this LAST $600 work for me in real estate.

Thanks!!

Kelvin

Re: I have my last $600 - What should I do?!?!? - Posted by John Corey

Posted by John Corey on March 23, 2006 at 08:02:40:

Save the money.

Go to the library followed by a bookstore and read for free. When you have an income consider buying the books that made the most sense.

Find a new job. Forget becoming a full time RE investor at this stage. Life works better when you have an income to pay the bills and lenders will like you better in any event.

It is the rare person who had no job and made a go of it in RE investing. If you dig under the surface you will find they found part time work or did other things to pay the bill in the early years or they had a real job until they build a passive income.

RE rarely produces an income you can live on when you are first starting. Some folks get lucky and flip a house or something similar. Normally they could feed themselves and do a bit of marketing to start.

Bit the bullet and get some income going while you are learning.

John Corey