I have the $ for a down, but not the credit...what would be MY best option? - Posted by Donna

Posted by Jim on May 26, 2000 at 01:24:36:

Donna,
Owner Financing for yourself would by ideal (doesn’t show on credit report). Even a Lease/Option with good amount of rent credit towards the purchase price and a right to renew for five or so years would also be good (clear up credit by then).
Sounds good either way.
Good Luck!

I have the $ for a down, but not the credit…what would be MY best option? - Posted by Donna

Posted by Donna on May 25, 2000 at 23:23:18:

My personal credit isn’t so bad, except that some of my former significant other’s bankruptcy accounts appear on MY credit report…granted, it’s been over 2 yrs since this was discharged, it still appears. And I DO have a good mortgage credit rating though.

Is Owner financing the best way to go?

I can’t imagine ANY bank NOT checking my credit and it will take MONTHS to fix that bs in report.

Thank you all in advance for your thoughts.

Donna

Re: I have the $ for a down, but not the credit…what would be MY best option? - Posted by Roger

Posted by Roger on June 05, 2000 at 10:28:44:

Get involved with a partner if you wish to purchase investment property. You can purchase one or more investment properties with your down payment.
hope this helps!!!

Re: I have the $ for a down, but not the credit…what would be MY best option? - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on June 04, 2000 at 12:55:57:

Donna,
If you have the down payment and a credit score of at least 560 you can probably get a non-conforming loan. You probably would have put down 10%. Wait another year and it will get easier for you. Hope that helps.