I have to post this - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by John/Indiana on February 04, 2001 at 22:09:07:

All I can do is agree with Lonnie about MR Roy. Because what I’ve learned about life from Lonnie & ya’ll posters has been positive,uplifting,and has changed the life of many people. My friend is getting ready to make her first deal…she’s bettering herself,and has learned a lot from the book,and what I share with her from this board. Thanks for everything,especially for reminding me that there are positive,friendly ,decent,kind,sharing people in the business world. John.

I have to post this - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on February 04, 2001 at 11:17:15:

I don’t know if I should even take the time to respond, or use up space here with this article. But due to the sad and pathetic mental attitude of the man who sent me this email, I feel not only a need, but a duty to address his questions and comments, and state my opinions of such a person. In doing so, it’s my hope that I can help some negative thinking person such as Mr. Roy, to see how their life is negatively affected by such a sorry attitude, and hopefully cause that person to make a change for the better.

It’s not often that I see, read, or hear of anything that gets me riled up, or sends my blood pressure through the roof. But people with an attitude problem, like this man has, just happens to be something that does. (His email is posted here in it’s entirety, and exactly as received).

And as if his moronic questions, comments and attitude isn’t enough to make you throw up, he has the gall to include a footnote saying. “This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager”.

Sent in error? Since I can’t think of any possible way it could be sent to me in error, I have to assume it was sent intentionally by Robert D. Roy. And since Mr. Roy has stated his opinions, I’m taking equal time to express mine. But unlike Mr. Roy, I’m posting mine for all to see, and comment on. And be assured this message is not being sent to you in error, I fully intended to send it. Also, If you have an attitude and disposition like Mr. Roy’s, then this message is intended to offend you, hopefully to the point that you will do whatever it takes to give yourself an attitude adjustment.

Mr. Roy, it’s a known fact that attitude is the number one thing that controls the kind of life you can expect to live. According to research, 85% of your success is determined by your attitude. If that’s true, and I believe it is, then it appears you don’t have much to work with. If your mind is filled with negative, selfish and cynical thoughts, then you can expect a life of the same. If you’re so insensitive that you don’t have enough compassion, or wiliness to help a deserving person in need, then you’re nothing more than a breathing, walking, empty shell. If you really think that the only reason a person is willing to share their life time of knowledge and try to help others is to make a buck, you need more help than I can offer. And if you’re really so selfish that you would keep everything you know a secret, rather than sharing it and helping others, then you must be a miserable, and unhappy person.

Your comment “When is too much money ever enough, never!” does a pretty good job of describing your mental mindset. It’s true that some people worship money and never feel they have enough. Those are the type people with a mindset like yours? people who never really live, and never find contentment and happiness.

Mr. Roy, if the only thing you gained from reading all the articles you mentioned, was the feeling that we are all just out to make money, then you need far more help than we can give you. But if and when you ever feel that you really want to swap your lousy attitude for a positive attitude, and be able to see the world in a much better light, you will find plenty of help right here. And that goes for all the other people with negative, self-defeating attitudes, as well. But you have to first admit that you have a problem, and truly want to do something about it. Otherwise, no one can help you. Least of all, any books, tapes or courses offered by anyone on this site.

Mr. Roy, every time I see a person with such an attitude as yours, it makes me glad they don’t have a law on being stupid. If they did, some people would be doing life with no chance of parole.

Good luck (you’ll need it) as you travel through life,

Lonnie Scruggs

Robert Roy’s email exactly as received.

Subject:
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 02:57:06 -0600
To: “‘lonnies@erols.com’”

Howdy,

I have read most of your articles as well as Mr.Tews’ and some others but one question bugs me, Why would you all want to sell me your various techniques and methods for buying and selling mobilehomes if you all were making so much money at it? Seems to me if I was in making the kind of money y’all are, that dab of knowledge would be the best kept secret since Herbert Hoover came prissing/mincing out of the closet. Now I know your probably gonna say,“I’ve done so well at making money, now I just want to give something back in gratitude”, since when is too much money ever enough, never! So I believe this is just like those stockpicking services and their news letters–you pay them a small monthly sum ($30-40) and they send you a sheet of stock picks that you can get from MSN Money, Market Guide, Motley Fool and CNN Finance and like web sites for free! Now you talk about yur income streams–No 10-10-10 rule here boy!–Talk about yur yield now! My calculator says, 0% invested, 0% down and 0% wait for free money, why man thats more than “good enough”, thats 100% free money for nothing! But I know them prices on yur products are just recovery costs, right?, and the charge for your siminars–well thats just for expenses, yeah! Well Sir, I think you’ve found an even easier income stream–selling information via the internet–what a market, worldwide–itdon’tget no better than that, do it.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
www.mimesweeper.com

Re: I have to post this–Entitled to success? - Posted by NC Paul

Posted by NC Paul on February 12, 2001 at 22:24:36:

It?s amazing how much effort people will put into being ?unfriendly? and at the same time they take no effort to check the grammar or spelling they used in a childish tirade. It sounds like Mr. Roy has not been successful after reading your books and is bitter about the money he spent. I wonder how long it will be before he tries to sign up for a government entitlement program because it?s all somebody else?s fault that he can?t make a living. It is my opinion that our country was made great by people with a good attitude and if we ever fail it will be due to an attitude like Mr. Roy’s.

Re: I have to post this - Posted by Michael W Nelson

Posted by Michael W Nelson on February 05, 2001 at 11:48:39:

I am glad I saw this. I can say this. I bought Lonnie’s books. I doubted every thing in them. It sounded to good to be true. I took the “numbers” in the books and created my own set of “models” of the type of deals described. (I am a “computer nerd” by profession, so I like to “test” things out) They check out. In fact I was in shock when I realized just how well they check out. I created a few “what if” situations, the worse case kind. The results were still a profit, even though it was only a 150 bucks its a profit. My ignorance of all of the details involved in these deals leads me to believe my models may have some holes in them, but I am confident from just working with the “numbers” in the books that these deals work.

I bought a newspaper and picked up the free ones off of my lawn (instead of tossing them in the trash). I found the adds for mobile homes in them, didn’t find many of the type Lonnie describes. But I did go driving through 3 parks, I found 2 ForSale signs in the price range and
on the type of trailers Lonnie described. That was a shock, he’s right, the deals are just sitting there waiting for me to make the effort to go find them. Its a small sample sure, but hey I really didn’t expect to find any!

Thats the extent of my efforts so far with what I have learned about these deals. Not much true, but I doubted what I was reading and have been proven wrong so far. I expect this will be the trend right through buying that first mobil home to finding an investor for the note I create.

So far, the knowledge in the books that has nothing to do with mobile homes has been worth every penny I paid. For instance. Paying off and canceling credit cards and paying yourself that 19% interest instead… That little bit of thought adjustment alone has changed the way I think about money, and my life too!

Lonnie is right, its attitude. I am planning to capitalize my start in this via the Tax Refund. I know that the worse outcome of it could be that I blow the
whole thing for no gain. Well thats no different than what I would have blown the money on (DVD’s, Gizmo’s etc). The worse thing I can do is to not do anything and just keep on expecting to “make it” with a paycheck. (Yet another great tid bit of thought adjustment) I think Mr. Roy has a fear of losing money. Well money spent is money spent. If you blow 4000 bucks on a new TV or on trying to do a mobile home deal, whats the difference? The TV will keep you working for a paycheck, the mobile home deal might just change that. I know what the real loss is here.

Mr. Roy is right about one thing, all of those stock tip newsletters are rip offs. You can find out just about all you need to know on the internet for making a stock pick once you glean out the hype. You will always lose money in the market by following the advice of those who write such newsletters. I can say that if you do the exact opposite of what they say you will make money, or at least I have:)

As far as I am concerned, the money I paid for the information was worth it. If its an easy income stream for Lonnie, good! I would like to see more of what he has to offer.

Oh by the way… Lonnie… What would be your hourly rate on a mentorship? :slight_smile:

You can lead an A$$ to water… - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on February 05, 2001 at 11:30:59:

but it’s still an A$$. Don’t get me wrong, I really LIKE what money can buy, entirely too much in fact. And lately, I’ve put alot of time into getting more money. But money is not the end, only the means…the means to buying my time in particular (Money is time) and some doodads as well. Thanks to Lonnie’s experience and his willingness to share it cheap (in his books) or free (on the phone), I can buy my freedom in another year or so, should I choose to. Hopefully I’ll remember Lonnie’s generosity down the road and do the same for others. There’s nothing inconsistent with doing well while doing good, as the gentleman from Virginia has amply demonstrated.

John Hyre

Lonnie - a note of thanks - Posted by Andy - Ohio

Posted by Andy - Ohio on February 05, 2001 at 10:41:12:

I am within a week (or day) or so of my first deal. I make a decent living outside this business. Now, having met and talked to others doing Lonnie Deals, it’s clear this isn’t a last ditch money making effort for many of us.

I watched a movie this week and a line I believe I won’t soon forget asked the question, “what would you do if you won the lottery.” For me, I can honestly say, it would be pursuing some avenue which combined helping people AND investing. Knowing what I now know about “Lonnie Deals”, this is it, and I didn’t have to win the lottery to discover it! I have not had this much fun, been this encompassed and engaged in what I’m doing, for a long long time. The best part is, realizing that while the income stream may be cultivated into a handsome income, the virtues are way beyond money alone. I can provide potential home-buyers the chance to have their own home, when they thought there was no hope. I can buy a home from someone who has wished for months to get an offer, so they can move on in their lives, pursuing a house or relocation or whatever it is they couldn’t otherwise do while holding on to their mobile home. And from solely a business perspective, PM’s will look to me to help them develop their business. The fact that I make money in the deal is nice…no question. But to suggest that the motivation behind what you, Lonnie, have done for this business is nothing more than a selfish money making ploy is completely without merit. I can only notice, just like many who choose to complain, there is no offer of an alternative recommendation from Mr.Roy…only a stab at something on which he has chosen to form an uneducated opinion.

On a personal/professional note, THANKS Lonnie. I bought the book…I fully intend on executing and have also to thank this board and especially Karl for spending some time getting me fully indoctrinated…but even if I chose to do NOTHING…I’m more educated now than I was 3 weeks ago. I’ve learned something. That’s always a bonus!

again, THANKS! I believe there are more of US (those who are grateful for your contributions), than THEM (the Mr.Roys!)

Wish Mr. Roy had spoken sooner… - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on February 05, 2001 at 07:53:09:

So he could have prevented me from creating nice income streams because I bought one $30 book from that “scammer”, Mr. Scruggs. Gimme a break!!

Re: I have to post this - Posted by Terri

Posted by Terri on February 04, 2001 at 21:29:07:

I would just like to thank Lonnie for the help he has tried to give me. I wasn’t even interested in selling MH or buying his products yet he offered his knowledge & experience to me anyway. Not all people out there are people like Mr. Roy. Thanks again & keep up the good work. Terri

Perhaps BurgerFlipper can help - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on February 04, 2001 at 18:02:03:

Karl’s infamous post and responses to it would be right up Mr. Roy’s alley.

Re: I have to post this - Posted by Roger-TX

Posted by Roger-TX on February 04, 2001 at 17:40:28:

If I’m not mistaken Mr. Roy is referring to J. Edgar Hoover not Herbert Hoover. And I think he has the rest wrong as well.

I have heard Lonnie speak on more than one occasion and he is one of the nicest and most gentlemanly persons you could meet. I have done a number of Lonnie Deals and can vouch for his teachings. As to Lonnie’s motivations , Mr Roy would be well advised to avoid generalizations. I am one of the many people Lonnie has helped to help themselves, if they have the desire. I am not even sure Lonnie would remember me, he has given so many talks. I mention this just so Mr. Roy will not think I am a friend or relative of Lonnie. And the only business dealings I have had with Lonnie is I purchased his books, which were worth a lot more than the cover price. Just as no one can force anyone to buy Lonnie’s material no one can force someone to use those materials to improve their life, their failure is their own.
If Mr. Roy wishes to speak to me in person my number is 281-422-5555.

Oh great, now what do I do… - Posted by Chuck-NY

Posted by Chuck-NY on February 04, 2001 at 15:19:48:

I have a problem !!
Since Mr. Roy thinks that Lonnie Deals don’t
work…what do I do with all the money
I have made on my Lonnie Deals??
It sure looks like money, it even smells
like money…oh well, my bank told me
it IS money so that’s good enough for me…
Sorry Mr. Roy,…you’ll have to take
up your argument with my bank !!

Re: I have to post this - Posted by Ron_KS

Posted by Ron_KS on February 04, 2001 at 13:21:24:

Lonnie,
I believe you summed it up beautifully!!! Mr. Roy lives in a world of make belief, nevering having had anything and will never have anything.

Your statement of him and others like him being “breathing, walking, empty shells” pretty well spelled it out.

Just keep up the good work Lonnie, I’ve made money from your direction, instructions and also of many others here on CREOline. There is a world of valuable information here just for the taking. People wanting to help others.

Wanted to get my .02 cents in - Mr. Roy, I can’t add anything else to Lonnie’s statement to you, so good luck, your going to need all you can get!!!

Ron_KS

Re: I have to post this - Bravo! - Posted by Jeff Short

Posted by Jeff Short on February 04, 2001 at 12:34:15:

Lonnie…

Ok - you probably don’t need people saying this… but hey, you started it!

I thought your post was right on the money. Mr. Roy definitely seems to have a negative attitude about a lot of things.

I am willing to say that Mr. Roy probably has lost some money in the past on “scams”. I can understand his need to be cautious… however, it reads like he hasn’t bought one of your books (or Mr. Tew’s). That is simply a bit too cautious!

Now, I am no expert on Mobile Homes… while I have both of your books, I haven’t take the time to put forth the effort (yes, Mr. Roy, it DOES take effort) to implement the ideas. Why? I am not even exactly sure… mainly just trying to make a living, instead of my life.

Thanks again… for everything - past, present, and future.

Jeff