I just found this board, and I have a question…I just found a property… - Posted by Donna
Posted by Donna on May 25, 2000 at 13:30:48:
that is listed w/a realtor at $99.9k. The assessment is listed at $135k, and the house was bought back in '95 for $125k. The house is in pretty good condition from what I can gather…haven’t seen it in person yet, as I’m in another state.
Asking $25k less than you paid, and $35k less than the county assessment is seems a bit drastic of a cut.
What do I know? The house owner was offered a better job elsewhere and he has taken and already moved to it (house is vacant I’m told). House was once owned by a VP of a local manufacturing plant, current owner is pilot. Sits on an acre of land and has over 2500 sq ft living space.
Now I can see asking for just what you owe (which for all I know could be the case here, don’t know). What am I missing here?
Would it be inappropiate to send a letter directly to the owners and have them call me if their house does not sell within his/their contract time with the realtor?
Or should I just wait till it IS no longer listed with them (if they don’t know of me, they may just roll over their contract with the realtor, is what I’m thinking).
What would you do, assuming the property is in good shape? I, personally feel, finding out more about the neighborhood it is in is important as well. It’s in a small town.
Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
BTW, what does sfr mean (I’ve seen it in few posts here)…and L/O I assume means lease to own…correct??