I made a mistake and am sick (long and humbling) - Posted by Briton (IN)

Re: I made a mistake and am sick - Posted by Nancy Dallas

Posted by Nancy Dallas on May 17, 2006 at 22:33:46:

Bill, Since you are from Texas, I want to ask you if Lonnie deals are doable here if I don’t own the land?? I just put under contract a MH, my first deal still trying to learn… I talked to the PM it seems like I can sell it on an owner financing note, but I’m not sure what I heard from other folks about needing to own the land is true…

thanks
nancy

Re: I made a mistake and am sick - Posted by Briton (IN)

Posted by Briton (IN) on May 10, 2006 at 23:25:38:

What are “Deep” Rollers? And what do you mean by “I’ve used 1” with good results"

Thanx for the response, Briton (IN)

Re: I made a mistake and am sick - Posted by Bill Hicks

Posted by Bill Hicks on May 17, 2006 at 23:45:14:

Dear Nancy,
I’ve only just started doing mh deals and have only done 2 land and homes deals that I’m renting out for a year for tax reasons.
Someome on the board has said you need a license to be a dealer but I believe you can do five deals or so without one then your hubby or partner can do 5 too so I’d do ten and then worry.
Bill H.(TX)

Re: I made a mistake and am sick - Posted by Joe C. (AR)

Posted by Joe C. (AR) on May 10, 2006 at 23:45:52:

Paint rollers come in various thicknesses (basically the "hairs on the rollers vary in length). The rougher the surface you are painting, the longer the “nap” on the roller should be to get into the cracks and crevices. The smoother the surface, the shorter the nap required. With the various ridges in MH metal siding, you should consider it a rough surface.

Have a look at the roller packaging at HD or Lowes. It will state the nap thickness from 3/8 to 1-1/4".
Squeeze them in your hand to feel the difference. Like I said, 1" worked well for me, 3/4 may also be acceptable.

Joe C. (AR)