I need Handholding by someone experienced - Posted by RON IVERSON

Posted by Rob FL on April 07, 1999 at 19:48:55:

Are there any local real estate clubs in your area you could join?

I need Handholding by someone experienced - Posted by RON IVERSON

Posted by RON IVERSON on April 07, 1999 at 24:20:27:

Why is it with all of these No money down courses you can never find ANYONE and I mean ANYONE in my area of the country that has done this and WOULD be able to help walk me through the first real estate purchase.

I would love to get into this but if it is so DAM easy then why cant I find anyone willing to help me implement what this course talks about.

Ilive in Fargo North Dakota and there is plenty of of houses for sale but i would just love to have some helpo in doing this

Re: I need Handholding by someone experienced - Posted by Matthew Chan

Posted by Matthew Chan on April 11, 1999 at 12:26:09:

I can’t answer for anyone else but I can give one person’s view, mine.

Trying to help other people especially friends and family generally comes naturally to most people, especially if you have been successful. You get the benefit of easing their pain and the pride of helping in their success. Presumably, they get the financial benefits.

But it really comes to this, helping people takes time and energy. However, people are constantly being skeptical even if the person helping is successful.

For example, I have all this good information that I have at my disposal that I would be willing to share with friends and family. But why don’t I bother anymore? They are not willing to change their ways or open their minds.

And not to say that you have an attitude problem or that you will be a skeptic, but saying you need help is not enough. Putting up your own money into courses, seminars, taking action, deals, whatever, etc. tends to get you taken more seriously instead of riding on someone’s coattails. For example, you may want advice or help, but if you don’t demonstrate you are very serious, I don’t bother with it.

I learned this the hard way. If you are serious, you will find ways to get your help. Of course, one way is by posting here. But you may need to find other options like a RE Club, send emails, make phone calls, etc. to get the help you are looking for.

Good luck!