I NEED HELP!!!! EXTREMELY MOTIVATED SELLER!!! - Posted by jmeyn

Posted by GMann on May 31, 2006 at 08:45:01:

Not enough equity in the property to mess with. Find a better deal.

I NEED HELP!!! EXTREMELY MOTIVATED SELLER!!! - Posted by jmeyn

Posted by jmeyn on May 30, 2006 at 19:36:35:

I just got off the phone with an EXTREMELY MOTIVATED SELLER. He was a lead from my agent. He is not listed, she told me that all she wants from the deal is to have me continue to work with her. Anyways, here’s the deal:

He has a 3 bed, 1 &1/2 bath home in an area with mostly owner occupants.

ARV is approx. $75K-$80K.
Repairs, approx. $3.5K-$7K.
Amt left on loan, approx. $68k
Payments are $850/mo.
Rent rate approx. $600-$700
He was charging $500/mo. rent

He is in the beginning stages of FORECLOSURE. He made the last payment in Jan. The lender is Ameriquest. He does qualify as part of the class action suit filed against them, but the Nebraska Atty Gen. is giving him the runaround. He said he would accept $50K, after he speaks with the bank. His wife has also passed away in the house, and so he had rented it out for $500/mo when he could have gotten at least $600-$700/mo. He has stated that he’s willing to do ANYTHING to get out from under this monster. I suggested L/O, and he was ok with that, or Sub2. He was going to attempt a Short sale himself. I’m leaning towards the L/O myself, but the neg. cash flow would kill me and he probably can’t refinance with his past due payments on his credit. He doesn’t want to owe taxes or get a judgment against him from a short sale, and I can’t get funding for this deal.

Could I pull off a short sale and not have him penalized, possibly have them restructure his mortgage so that rent would cover the payments since the lender is in hot water with the law? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: I NEED HELP!!! EXTREMELY MOTIVATED SELLER!!! - Posted by Colleen

Posted by Colleen on May 31, 2006 at 10:02:17:

His credit report will reflect “settled for less than amount owed” and lenders will look upon this as a foreclosure. He will not get out from under this without consequences.

Ameriquest is a difficult lender to work with, but he may ask them if he could enter into a hardship forebarance agreement. The lender has already incured expenses to process the foreclosure and those sums will be added into the total amount due on the note (this is true for any investor too, but I seriously doubt an investor will be interested getting involved due to the lack of equity position)

It is irrelevant that the Ameriquest is “in hot water” the fact of the matter is the guy has not made his payments since January. He needs to approach Ameriquest with his hat in his hand; otherwise he needs to start packing boxes to move.