I need help from Gurus and everyone else - Posted by Tuan Pham

Posted by Lori Samson on May 11, 2000 at 02:32:15:

I have had trhe same experience! I hope my favorite Agent is not going to read this! I have tried Agents myself and I just don’t get the results that I can get myself in a tenth of the time. I now feel that my average deals that come from Agents is about 0.1%!
Jim you hit the nail square on the head. Lori

I need help from Gurus and everyone else - Posted by Tuan Pham

Posted by Tuan Pham on May 10, 2000 at 11:03:26:

Has anyone here ever tried to write a letter to newly licensed RE agents to work with them. I would think new agents would be more apt to work w/an investor so that they can get a better jump with their career. If so, any suggestions of how the letter should be worded.

Thanks in advance,

Tuan Pham

Re: I need help from Gurus and everyone else - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on May 10, 2000 at 12:23:43:

Tuan,
Since new agents will undoubtedly be swamped with mailings and publications as they enter the world of selling RE, a mailing may just get thrown away as junk mail.
In my opinion, sitting down and talking to them would accomplish more.
This way you can explain things to them, and also answer any questions they may have. (educate them just enough to get them to work for you, but not so much that they try to outgun you or do deals “your way”.)

As far as getting them to work with you, start out this way, and then after you perform and close some deals with them, they will keep working for you, because you got them paid.
Money talks, plain and simple.
But, I’ll be honest with you, the majority, (like 98%) of my deals are not listed proerties.
Agents are a good thing to have in your arsenal, but they should not be your weapon of choice.
HEAVY marketing, blitz marketing, or guerilla marketing are the best methods for finding deals.
When the sellers call you, they are more motivated, and that means more deals.
The object is to get your name, number and what you do into the hands of as many people as you can, and by the law of averages, someone will eventually call.
Just make yourself easy to find.
Plaster your info anywhere and everywhere you can.

Just my humble opinion, for whatever that is worth,
Jim IL